31. Strained

7 months later... 

Patricia looked at herself in the mirror

Patricia looked at herself in the mirror. Samantha had worked on her dress so much. This was her first appearance on the red carpet, Patricia wanted it to be special. She knew she was going to be the talk of the media at least for a week. She couldn't apprehend to look bad. She was nervous, undoubtedly. It seems like yesterday to me. Truly, a lot of months had passed. It had been ten months of Mads and her. She was still working as his assistant even though he wanted her to quit. I like doing it. She chuckled. She took a final look at herself and then left her house. Mads was going to be a little late at the event, he was out of the city due to Hannibal's shoot. She wanted to call her papa. He always calmed her down but she couldn't. They hadn't talked properly in a long time. After the incident in Denmark, she was so angry and upset that she wasn't visiting them in Madrid and their relationship got strained. Agnella and her were still talking and she knew that her papa knew about her but he didn't call to wish her luck. He probably forgot. She took a long breath and then sat in her limousine. Ridley had managed her a limousine because he thought that's more preferrable. She soon arrived at the venue. The cameras were flashing and everyone awaited her. She was a newbie but she had made friends with Matt and his wife, Luciana. Lovely couple. She smiled and got out of the car. The flash almost blinded her but she kept her posture and smiled as she walked down. Matt saw her and came to hug her. 

"Where's Luci?" Patricia asked while she hugged him.

"She's not feeling it tonight," Matt informed. Oh, she's ill again. 

Patricia nodded and looked at the interviewers. Few interviewers rushed to her and started asking her questions. Mads said to keep calm no matter what the question is.

"Patricia, you look gorgeous. How do you feel tonight?" the blonde interviewer asked.

"Thank you! I feel nervous but spectacular at the same time," Patricia replied.

"What do you think of the movie? I mean, your imagination coming alive," another woman asked.

"It's overwhelming. I was with Ridley throughout the editing so I saw the scenes. Matt's wonderful in there," Patricia replied with a nervous giggle.

"Where's Mads?" a man asked this time. "They say you got your fame for your famed beau," he taunted.

"Mads, as you know, is filming for Hannibal so he's a little busy but he'll surely be here. As for what you said, I wish! I could've been famous a lot earlier then," Patricia laughed a little. 

"You have two more films coming out soon, how excited are you?" another man asked.

"As much as I am now, overwhelmed. Almost feels like a dream!" Patricia answered.

Before anyone else could ask any question, she left the red carpet and walked inside. She sat next to Matt and Ridley. They talked about the film, the stars. Many esteemed stars were invited at the premiere. She felt lucky but her eyes searched for Mads. His phone's still switched off. She looked at the screen and sighed.