30. A harmless request

Patricia got on the plane along with Diego. He had asked her if he could go along because he had never been to Denmark before. Patricia couldn't say no to him. Agnella knew it was a bad idea but she thought the only way to keep Diego away from making a scene was if she went with him. Nathaniel and Dahlia flew back to Paris. Patricia was very distracted. He hadn't texted her anything but she let him know that her mum and papa were coming along with her. Mads had just replied with an 'okay'. She sighed. 

"We'll live in a hotel," Agnella informed as soon as the plane landed.

"Why?" Diego asked instantly.

"Because there's no need to live with Mads," Agnella furrowed her brows.

"We let him live in our house, the least he can do is return the favor," Diego replied.

"I'm sure Mads wouldn't mind," Patricia said.

She saw Mads at the airport waiting for the three. She ran to him and hugged him. Mads didn't look very pleased but regardless, he hugged back. He hugged Agnella and shook hands with Diego. The smirk on Diego's face indicated to something bad. 

"I'll have to check you all in a hotel," Mads informed before getting in the car.

"Why?" Patricia asked confused.

"I'm moving houses, that's why," Mads replied.

"I told you he wouldn't let us live with him," Diego whispered to Patricia.

She didn't reply to her papa. She sat in the car and then Mads drove them to a hotel. He checked them in and left before Patricia could say anything. Is something bothering him? Diego kept on whining about how Mads was a rude man and didn't deserve Patricia.

"Honestly, it's getting a little repetitive," Agnella rolled her eyes.

"I'm just saying the truth," Diego replied.

Patricia changed her clothes and took an Uber to the office of Thomas Vinterberg. She arrived at the office but Mads wasn't there. He said he's moving houses, but where is he? Patricia sighed and walked inside. Thomas was ecstatic to meet her. They talked over the terms and conditions and wrote down the cheque for the script. She was going to get royalties when the movie gets released. She had lunch with the man at Uformel.

"So, what was the sudden urgency with Mads last night?" Patricia asked while eating her lunch.

"Urgency? What are you talking about?" Thomas looked confused.

"He didn't meet you last night?" Patricia asked again.

"Is he in Denmark?" Thomas asked happily.

He lied to me but why would he lie to me? She nodded to his question and the rest of the conversation was a blur. She was upset that he had lied to her. After the lunch, she finally decided to call Mads.

"Where are you?" Patricia asked.

"Nørrebro Bryghus," Mads replied.

"I don't know where it is," Patricia was getting angrier.

"Google Map. Are you done with Thomas?" Mads asked, clearly uninterested to talk.

"Yes, we need to talk," Patricia replied.

"Come over," Mads said and hung up.

Patricia couldn't believe that Mads was being so closed. She sighed and called an Uber to the place. The bar was full of people even if it was just afternoon. She walked inside and spotted Mads with beer at one end.

"Can we please move somewhere a bit more quiet?" Patricia asked.

"Have some beer," Mads offered and Patricia took the glass from his hand.