25. A new home

Patricia and Mads woke up very early in the morning, rushing to get dressed and eat breakfast. Thankfully, Mads' shoot starts from 4 PM so they had the whole morning to look at the houses. Patricia had already talked to her real estate manager, Janice, and told her how she liked her home to be. Janice picked four different estates for her within her price range and liking. Mads accompanied her at the first home. They first went to the spectacular Thornhill Penthouse - a two level 3350 square feet penthouse which had 3 beds and 3 baths. The specialities of the penthouse to be Concierge Service, Eat in Kitchen, Elevator, Ensuite Bathroom, Exercise Room, Walk in Closet, Indoor Pool and many more. 

"Hi, Patricia. I am Janice William, your real estate manager for the day. It's a pleasure to meet you Mads, I am huge fan," Janice shook hands with both of them.

"Nice to meeet you too, and I am honored," Mads smiled. 

"So, Patricia because you like living large, I thought this penthouse would be a good start for the tour. It has all the luxury and facility you need," Janice made her way to the rooms and showed them around.

"I love the view from here," Mads said to her.

Patricia nodded and looked around. It was an already furnished home so she would be buying everything together. Patricia was still thinking about last day's incident so she seemed distracted. Mads, on the other hand,  could feel the worry. He held her hand during the tour and got her back to reality every now and then. 

The second stop was the Pier 27 home which was just in front of a lake. It was again a 3 beds and 3 baths house with  indoor and outdoor pools, valet parking , exercise room, spa, party room, guest suites, lounge and theatre room. Janice showed her around telling all the benefits of living in a home like this. Patricia and Mads both loved the house but they still had to wait till they saw the other two.

The third stop was the apartment on the 76th floor, the tallest building in Canada. The 2+1 bedroom and 3 baths apartment had a spectacular view. It had all the facilities and Patricia was awestruck to see the house. Mads had an okayish opinion. The view was great but the price was way too much in accordance to the quality, according to Mads.

The final stop was a grand house. This home boasts 4+1 bedrooms, hardwood through out, finished basement with bedroom and a walk out to the pool. A true backyard Oasis, expansive yard and side yard great for families and gatherings. Wonderful sun room looking out to the pool, backing onto ravine. The house was beautiful. It looked more of a family home than one girl living alone. 

"So, which one do you think is the one for you?" Janice asked.

"Could we take a second?" Patricia requested.

"I love the exterior of this one, but I think you should go for the Pier 27 condo. I mean, it has lots of color, bright light and all the cool rooms that you need," Mads said.

"I know, I feel the same," Patricia said and finally informed Janice.

"Great! Pier 27 it is!" Janice smiled widely.

The three drove back to Pier 27 and Patricia signed the papers for acquisition. She was to pay the money at once together because that was easier. 

"It was a good deal," Janice shook her hands for the last time before leaving.

Mads swooped his arm around Patricia and kissed her cheeks. All they had to do now was get her stuffs in the new home. She took pictures of the house to send to her parents before leaving. Patricia went back to her apartment. Mads brought the big curtons to get her things. 

"If you weren't here I don't know how I'd have done it all," Patricia said.

"Well, be grateful later because I have to go for the shoot. You keep packing. We'll move as soon as I come back," Mads informed.

Kissing her, he left and she was all alone packing her things. She called her mum and dad knowing that they were supposed to be together now.

"Hi mum and papa, I bought my new home," Patricia informed.

"We saw the pictures that you sent us, it's beautiful," Diego, her father replied.

"I loved it. I can't wait to visit you there," Agnella, her mum chirped.

"Mads has been a huge help during this," Patricia said, uncertain to their reactions.

"I believe he has a change of behaviour?" Diego asked furrowing his brows.

"Yeah, he's a changed man," Patricia joked.

"Is he getting too comfortable with you?" Diego asked.

"Diego, please!" Agnella slapped his arm. "Don't mind your papa! I'm glad he's helping. Did Natalie leave already?" she asked.

"Yeah she did! Let me show you all the gifts I got!" Patricia got excited.

She had kept all the gifts in one corner of her room and hadn't yet completely unpacked. She showed her the eleven different gifts she got from Mads and the one she got from Natalie. Her dad looked happy and unpleased at the same time.

"Who gave you the ring, Patricia?" Diego asked staring at the ring on her finger. She was wearing the ring on her left hand ring finger. "Are you engaged?" He sat on the edge of his seat.

"Oh yeah, honey! Who gave you that and why are you wearing on her left hand?" Agnella looked confused.

Patricia was a little startled and didn't know how to respond. Should I tell them? What if dad reacts? What am I going to do?

"Earth to Patricia," Diego waved his hand in front of the camera.

"Mads gave it to me," she answered, a little worried. "And no, I'm not engagaed. It's a, um, promise ring," she added looking away.

"A promise ring?" Agnella and Diego asked in unison. "Are you two dating?" Agnella asked, concerned.

"We are. I mean, we have been seeing each other for a month. He asked me to be his girlfriend on my birthday," Patricia answered slowly.

"That's, um, good! He gave you so many things on your birthday! Is he taking care of you well?" Agnella asked, smiling and trying to lighten the mood.

"He's so many years older than you, Patricia. He's almost my age for Christ's sake," Diego suddenly yelled and Patricia startled once again.

"Diego!" Agnella nudged him.

"No, Agnella! Is she out of her mind? She's dating a man of her father's age. What on Earth?!" Diego got away from the chair.

"Papa, he's a good man," Patricia argued. "He makes me so happy and he's doing everything that Sean never did," she added.

"He was married for as long as your mother and I. He has kids maybe even older than you. He was a jerk to you even a month or two back. What are you doing?! I knew you'd go ashtray if you go to Toronto alone!" Diego screamed at her.

"Ashtray?! Are you serious? Papa, I am doing perfectly fine here. My life is finally going the way I want and thanks to Mads for making it happen. I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for him. He's a respectable man. He's younger than you," Patricia replied, trying hard to keep her calm.

"What? Two years?" Diego asked, absolutely pissed.

"Four," she blurted out.

"As if that makes a huge difference!" Diego just left the room huffing.

"Patricia, darling, your father will calm down. Don't worry! I will talk to him. You get back to working okay? I love you," Agnella said with a weak smile.

"I love you too," the screen went dark.

Patricia sighed and wiped her tears away. She knew her papa would react like this. I should have not worn the ring when talking to them or maybe I could've just lied. She felt heartbroken. There was a knock at the main door. She got up and opened the door to see Mads. 

"I bought donuts," Mads handed her the packet. She smiled.

"Thank you," she sighed.

"What happened?" Mads asked looking at her intently.

"You might want to sit down," Patricia said as she took the first bite of her donut.