15. A really bad idea

Patricia stumbled out of the Uber and instantly knew it was a bad idea. Who cares? She rolled her eyes and walked to the front door. Trying to fix her dress, drunkenly, she knocked on the door politely. Later, she realized that there was a doorbell and obviously he didn't hear. I am too lazy for this shit now. She rang the doorbell, for God knows how many times. She heard a muzzled "Crap" from inside the house and the door slammed open. His expression was full of anger but softened as soon as his eyes fell on her.

"Patricia? What are you doing here? At this hour?" Mads Mikkelsen seemed amused.

"What do you think I am doing?" Patricia replied, slamming her lips on his and then stumbled inside as she kicked the door behind her. This is a really bad idea but his lips are heavenly.

This jolt of emotions did not come all of a sudden, a long history followed as to how she made her way to the doorsteps of non-other than the man she hated a few hours ago.

~Flashback~

She found herself at Tango Palace a lot earlier than Sean. Almost about forty-five minutes. She wiped the tears and ordered an espresso before nuzzling her nose into a book that she was currently reading "Voyager" by Diana Gabaldon. She wasn't entirely happy with her choice of a book giving the fact that her heart was tearing apart. She was confused if he really had meant his words. They didn't have the greatest history but obviously, he had his nicer days. She kept the book back in her bag and looked out the window. The new behavior of Mads was not her favorite, not that she wasn't used to this from before. It had been a good seven months of working for him. She wondered if this was because of Hanne but then again, she was living with her new husband. Patricia was having a hard time wrapping her head around everything but most importantly if she had any feelings for this man she hated for so long.

"You're early," a familiar voice said as the person sat across her.

"Just a few minutes early. I needed some time alone," Patricia replied.

"Is he giving you a hard time at work?" Sean asked and she didn't really know how to respond to him at this moment.

"No, it's just, I have lots of things at hand,"  Patricia answered. "But what are you doing here in Toronto?" she changed the subject like a pro.

"Work, I have this project in Toronto. I'll be here for around six months. I get to see you more often," Sean's hand found her cheekbones and he brushed his fingers against her cheek smiling weakly.

"Yeah, I suppose," she smiled back but before she could say anything more, there was another woman standing beside her.

"You are a disgusting man! How dare you run away from your responsibilities like this!" the woman's Irish accent screeched from beside her which led everyone to look at their table.

"Oh my God, Cara, what are you doing here? Sit down!" Sean's worried tone filled her ears and the man dragged this unknown woman on the empty chair.

"You left without a notice and I had to call your assistant to know what was going on. We talked about this and of course, you didn't seem very pleasant but you said you'll handle this," the woman named Cara had tears brimming in her eyes which Patricia didn't fail to notice.

"What's going on?" Patricia finally spoke, bewildered.

"It's nothing, Alizah! Don't worry, let me look into this," Sean tried to assure her but he was failing at it.

"Wait, so this is Alizah?" Cara looked at her with disgust and she felt bad for something she never did.

"Can you please tell me what's happening here?" Patricia's concern now raised to the fullest.