7. Spotlight

Patricia's phone buzzed. Hugh? She opened the text message and saw a news clipping screenshot. Her eyes widened at the picture and the title.

New romance for Mads Mikkelsen after divorce

Danish hunk, Mads Mikkelsen is not single anymore, you all! He was seen with his close friend and Hannibal show-runner, Bryan Fuller along with his ex-wife, Hanne Jacobsen and her new husband, Gerhard Madsen at Toronto's one of the best restaurants, Sunset Grill. The little awkward meeting did tell the world that Mads had his eyes for his gorgeous assistant named Patricia Blanco. The half Spanish-half Italian beauty has been his assistant for the past five months - since the time of his break up. We are not so sure for how long she has been his muse as well but they sure look good together. Keep an eye for more news of Danish heartthrob and his new love interest! 

Patricia stared at the news for a minute. The picture was pretty clear with Mads' hands around her waist, a smiling Bryan, two confused Hanne and Gerhard and a nervous Patricia. There was a text just below the screenshot.

"Since when are you dating Mads? You promised me a date!" the text read. Oh Hugh, you handsome flirt!

"I am not dating that weird rascal. We were into an unavoidable situation. Let me assure you, the date's on. I am flying to L.A," Patricia sent her reply.

"I hope you're not lying, haha! I am in L.A for a few more weeks. Let me know where you're staying. Can we have the date day after tomorrow? I'll pick you up at around 17.00. Alright?" the reply came sooner than she thought.

"Sure, see you soon, Hugh!" she hit sent and then walked to Mads.

He seemed to be in deep thoughts but Patricia called him anyway. The man looked at her sleepy and she broke the news.

"Mads, you need to see this," she breathed out.

Mads took her phone and read the screenshot. He hit back and also read her texts with Hugh, laughing out loud.

"Hey! Where's your sense of privacy?" Patricia snatched her phone away from him.

"He's bluffing you," Mads laughed. "He's engaged!" He added.

"Sure he is. Didn't you know he broke up with her?" She rolled her eyes.

"They break up every two days. As soon as she's back, he'll forget about you," Mads replied. "Plus he deserves someone way better than you," he smirked.

Patricia could feel her anger boil. How dare he said that to her? She moved closer to the man who was now standing right in front of her. 

"Se potessi, avrei dovuto strappare quel sorriso dalla tua faccia, giuro," she told him with her eyes furrowed, clothes brushing, anger in her eyes. (If I could, I would fucking rip that smirk from your face, I swear.)

"Sarebbe stato sul terreno duro prima che tu possa anche mettere la tua mano su di me," he replied in his smooth Italian accent. (You'd be on the hard ground before you could even lay your hand on me.)

She raised her hand to beat the hell out of him but of course, he was faster than her. He held both her hands and held it behind her back, making her stand her ground and not move. Her hair was now all over her face and her breathing fastened. Their bodies were touching and the close proximity was inevitably giving them both tingling sensations that they wanted to avoid. He moved his lips to her ears and his breath made her tremble inside.

"I am a lot faster than you are," he whispered in her ears. Holy fuck.

She knew what he meant but of course, it sounded way dirty when he said it. The dangerous closeness made both of their hearts pound and soon they were away from each other. Mads looked at her smirking and she scowled. 

"That news makes my lie more believable. Hanne will see it," Mads finally spoke.

"Are you trying to make her jealous?" Patricia asked, suddenly feeling hurt.

"I am trying to bother her," he replied quickly.

Patricia looked away from him. She was being used as an object to make someone jealous. She shouldn't be so bothered but she still had this weird sense of troubled thoughts. Why does it matter? I hate him anyway! She assured herself. They soon landed in Los Angeles and were on their way to the hotel. Patricia texted Hugh about where she was staying. She found Hugh to be very cute and funny. British guys are hands down gorgeous! She blushed.

The duo was at the hotel and quickly freshened up to go to bed. It was 3 A.M. at night and they both needed to sleep. Sleep came quite fast for both of them. Tomorrow was a big day for both of them, especially Patricia.

(Author's note: Hello, all. I hope you're liking it so far. Actually, I sort of changed Hugh's relationship status. He's engaged in this story and not yet married).