12. What are you doing here?

Patricia arrived in L.A early in the morning and found a man waiting for her at the entrance. She thanked herself for bringing her laptop with herself and so she had texted Spike that she was coming to L.A to see the shoot. The man was Spike's assistant and he drove her to a hotel near the set. She quickly changed before heading out to the set. Apart from the rumbling in her stomach, she was very excited to meet the cast. Patricia walked inside the set and she instantly knew which scene was going to be shot today. It was one of the happy scenes between Theodore and Samantha. She loved writing the scene and so she wanted to see how it would feel to finally visualize it.

"Patricia, you made it here!" Spike's charming voice filled her ears.

She turned around and hugged the man. He introduced her to Joaquin and she loved his presence already. Joaquin was already in his character and he complimented her on writing such a complex yet simple character. She smiled and sat down on one of the director chairs. Scarlett joined the cast in a while and Patricia fangirled in front of her for a while. Scarlett laughed and hugged her. They took a picture together and posted it on Instagram. Scarlett told her how much she loved the script and was honored to work with her. Patricia almost fainted when she heard her favorite actress say this to her. The whole day was basically Patricia being awestruck seeing whatever she was seeing and all of them laughing at her goofiness. She called her parents from Spike's number and let them know about everything. She could hear her mother, Agnes to cry happy tears and her father repeating how proud he was of her. When the night rolled in, they went to a nearby cozy restaurant named Eveleigh Restaurant.

"This place has one of the best food in L.A and I am absolutely in love with the food," Scarlett informed the other three who was at the table.

"I am sure. Why don't you order then?" Joaquin insisted Scarlett to order for them.

The happy woman ordered for all of them and gossiped about everything. She was very talkative and got along with Patricia quickly. 

"When are you going to leave the job as Mads' assistant?" Spike finally asked the question.

"I wasn't thinking of leaving the job really," Patricia answered.

"But you're his girlfriend now, aren't you? Plus you're making money here," Scarlett pointed out. Well, I am not really his girlfriend now, am I?

"That reminds me of your payment," Spike brought out a check of a $250,000. "Actually, I know we didn't discuss the payment but you deserve a lot for the script you wrote, so basically, the script got off for a million dollar," he added.

"A million dollar?" her jaw dropped.

"I'll pay you in installments for three months if that's okay," Spike asked.

"That's fine! I wasn't really expecting this now," Patricia was flustered.

"Oh, look at her! You're so cute," Scarlett chirped. "Look who's here! Hey, Mads," she added.

Patricia turned around to find Mads casually dressed, looking absolutely handsome. She blushed. She stood up to hug him and he hugged her back. Patricia wasn't sure if this was a genuine hug or for the media but in any ways, she was happy. 

"I came down here to give her this," Mads pulled out her phone from his pocket.

"That's so sweet. Join us for dinner, Mads!" Scarlett insisted.

"Yes, please. I am Joaquin, nice to meet you, Mads," Joaquin pulled out his hand.

"Mads Mikkelsen, great to see you. Spike," he shook hands with both the men.

"We were just talking about you," Scarlett chirped.

"Were you now? I hope she hasn't been complaining about me," Mads slipped his hand around her waist. Mads, what are you doing? 

"Of course not! She just got her first paycheck!" Spike informed.

"That's great. Congrats, love," Mads kissed her on the cheek. Mads, I don't know why you are doing this but really, stop!

"Cheers to Patricia's first break!" Joaquin raised his glass and so did everyone else.

"Alizah?" a voice came from the background and Patricia knew who it was. 

There was only one man who called her by her middle name and it was her ex-boyfriend, Sean. She turned her head to find him standing in front of her. Her heart raced. She hadn't seen him in months. What are you doing here, Sean? Everyone on the table was silent and confused. 

"I texted you on your phone," Sean informed.

"I didn't have my phone. How are you?" Patricia asked, moving away from Mads.

"I am alright. Are you busy? Could we talk outside?" Sean asked her. "Could I steal her for a second, eh?" his thick Irish accent baffled her till today.

"Sure," Spike replied. 

Sean took her hand and walked out of the restaurant. The first thing he did was hug her and damn, Patricia missed his hug. His hugs were always so warm and welcoming. He smells good. She smiled and pulled away.

"I texted you that I was coming to L.A," Sean said. 

"My phone wasn't with me. How did you know I was here?" Patricia asked.

"I went through your tweets. I am sorry, I sort of stalked you," Sean chuckled. Oh, I missed your smile.

"It's alright. What are you doing here, Sean?" Patricia asked.

"I miss you, Alizah. Can we not make things work out? I tried to have a life without you in the picture but I really can't. But before that, are you dating him?" Sean asked.

Patricia paused. She didn't know how to answer him. They weren't dating, of course, but for some reason, she found herself tongue-tied.

"We are not dating. It's a stunt for his ex-wife," Patricia replied honestly.

"But, all the kissing?" Sean furrowed his eyebrows.

"Don't worry, it's nothing," she assured him. That sounds...wrong.

"Can we meet somewhere more private?" Sean rubbed her cheek.

She nodded and gave her hotel's address to him before heading inside the restaurant again. Mads eyed her before she sat next to him. No one questioned her and they were back to being how it was just moments ago. The dinner ended in an hour and both Mads and Patricia headed back to the hotel.

"Are we living in the same hotel?" Patricia asked.

"Yes, I hope that's not a problem," Mads replied.

"No, it isn't," Patricia insisted.

"He was your ex?" Mads finally asked her.

"Yeah, Sean. He'll be staying with me for the night," Patricia answered.

Mads nodded. The awkward silence filled them again. Patricia felt guilty for nothing and Mads stiffened with the realization that her heart belonged to someone else. The man was young and energetic. He was good looking and Mads was a lot older than him. Why am I even comparing myself with him? He scowled at his own thought. They reached the hotel and they were greeted by Sean. Mads wasn't very fond of his presence.

"Mads, so nice to meet you! Thanks for giving opportunities to Alizah!" Sean shook his hands with him.

"Likewise! Patricia is talented," Mads smiled weakly. "I will be heading to my room," he added.

Patricia nodded and looked at Sean. They both entered Patricia's room and locked the door. Mads couldn't help but wonder what they were talking about and most importantly, be doing.