Chapter Nine - Fear

Start from the beginning

I waited for him to go past. I had been sitting in the tree for only a few moments when I saw him darting beneath my hiding spot. I didn't get a good look at him, but the top of his head was awash with scraggly dirty-blonde hair and he looked about 5 foot 10, he was running really fast and glancing around for me, yelling out tauntingly.  

I shivered, that boy is as creepy as all god given hell. 

After making sure he was gone for good I dropped down from the tree and raced back to the house as quietly as I could.  

I went straight to mine and Haddiean's room, he was just pushing himself up from the bed and blinking around, without even one thought, I ran over to the bed and jumped in beside him, curling up at his side and squeezing my eyes shut.

HADDIEANS POV 

Jody was shaking and clinging to me like a limpet, it hurt but I didn't have the heart to tell her, she was obviously frightened and I wanted to know why.  

When I tried to pull her back she just shook my hand off and crept closer. That she could even shake my grip off was a testimony to how fucked up I really was. 

'Jode, look at me baby' I said to her in a singsong voice, as cheerful as I could. 

She shook her head and burrowed her head under my arm, I sighed 'What's the matter?'  

She drew in a shaky breath and shook her head, which was a bit awkward seeing as it was under my arm. 

'If you don't tell me, I'll tickle you' I warned.  

She hesitated, then pulled her head back and narrowed her eyes, staring at me for a second, then pushing her face into the pillow beside me, she sighed.  

'I don't wanna' she muttered, her voice choked with tears.  

With a burst of anger fuelled strength I yanked her up until she was facing me, giving her a little strength which sapped almost all the strength I had left I growled at her 'Tell. Me. What. Happened.'  

She sighed and wriggled until I let her go, to my surprise she draped herself over me, her arms around my neck and her forehead resting on my shoulder.  

'Don't get angry'  

I thousand thoughts ran through my head but then I heard her next words....

JODYS POV 

'SON OF A FUCKING BITCH' 

I had to hold Haddiean down to stop him from leaping off the bed and going to hunt down the stupid mother fucker.  

Still fighting a losing battle I had to sit on him to stop him from getting up.  

'Ha ha! Victorious!' I cheered as I sat on his back, his face pressed into the pillow.  

He turned his head to the side, 'Are you done yet?' he hissed.  

I turned, straddling his back and lent down to his ear 'are you?'  

He hissed at me, not unlike a cat and tried to swipe at me over his shoulder, not succeeding as I leant back avoiding his hand.  

He buried his face in the pillow again and sniffed. I bent my head and looked in his eyes where open and brooding. I lent closer and kissed him quickly, 'you need to eat' I muttered rolling off him and tugging on his arm.  

If I let him brood then, he'll stay in his black mood.  

He grunted and rolled into a sitting position, he was still brooding, but there was a new look in his eyes, it wasn't anything bad, he was probably brooding about something good, which probably means he's obsessing if you want to be technical.