The Reunion

Me: *looking at the requests*

Requests: Alpha!Gene x Omega!Zane.

Me: Holy S***.

Me: That's a lot of Werewolf Territory.

When it came to Werewolves, ranking was always important.

Gene Charleston had the highest ranking in the pack; Alpha.

He was loved by all the Werewolves. He was a constant love interest for all the female Werewolves, and some of the males. He was against the idea of an Omega, which his pack was okay with. He was such a good Alpha, one that cared so much about his friends and family.

But, sadly, he was not always this way.

He could still remember how he was back in highschool, when he had the love of his life in his pack. He had been forced to pick an Omega, and he wasn't ready to, but his parents forced him to pick one right then. He was the only person he could think of, so he had blurted out his name.

His name was Zane.

~~~~

Gene yawned as he stretched his arms, his tail wagging.

He was enjoying his vacation at Starlight, especially since he was with his pack. The current Omega of the pack was Aaron, who had willingly volunteered so the pressure wasn't so hard on Gene. He even had his brother with him, who had just started dating Zenix.

He opened his eyes when he heard the familiar ringtone of his phone go off. It was the ringtone for a number he didn't have, so he figured that it was just some person calling the wrong number. Still, he might as well answer it.

Picking up his phone and sliding his thumb across it to answer, he put it up to his ear.

"Hello?" He asked casually, ears twitching.

"Hello, is this Gene Charleston?" The person asked, sounding very familiar.

"Yes, this is him speaking." He answered. "Why?"

"Well, I just thought that maybe you'd want to say hello to an old friend..." The person sighed, before speaking in a harsh tone. "Alpha."

"Are you... Zane? Zane Ro'Meave?" Gene asked, eyes widening a bit.

"Yes, yes I am." Zane answered from he other side of the call. "So glad that you remember my name."

"How did you get my number?" He asked.

"I've always had your number saved into my phone." He answered with a yawn. "Why didn't you know who I was?"

"I had deleted your number after college." He admitted. "You never called or texted, so I thought you didn't want any connection."

"Let me tell you something." Zane growled, his voice cold. "When you go into a coma, it doesn't just take FIVE FUCKING MINUTES!"

"Calm down, and lower your voice." Gene groaned, putting the phone back up to his ear. "Where even are you right now?"

"I'm at the bakery." He answered. "I hope I'll see you soon.... Alpha."

With that, the call ended as Zane hung up. Gene pulled the phone away from his ear, staring at it for a moment. He then shoved it in his pocket, putting on his shoes before heading towards the bakery.

When he got there, he spotted the raven haired Werewolf just outside the bakery, sitting under a tree and reading a book.

"Oh, Irene, Zane..." Gene began, gagging slightly at what he saw. "Your ears..."

Zane looked up, and Gene gagged again. "Your face, too... what happened?"

Zane's face was covered in scars. There were three on one cheek, and another running diagonally on the bridge of his nose. His black bangs that covered his bad eye were cut, showing the eye that was always closed. Now it was open, a milky white with a sky blue. His ears were torn up, missing large tuffs of fur. His lip was bruised and a single scar circled his entire throat. But even if it was a bit of a minor detail, Gene could see the hickey on his neck.

"My boyfriend happened." Zane answered with a shrug. "Nearly beat me to death before he got arrested."

"Zane... you're way too calm about this..." Gene gulped, sitting next to him. "I'm... sorry he did that to you.."

"There was nothing you could have done anyway." He yawned, his tail flicking. "But... I may be calm. I have to be."

"Zane... why did you leave?" He asked. "Why did you leave us? Them? ... Me..?"

"I left because I wasn't welcomed there." He answered. "Omegas are never welcomed anywhere.."

"Zane... I didn't want to make you the Omega..." He said, hugging him. "You were the person I was thinking about at the time, and I blurted out your name.."

"Why were you thinking about me..?" Zane asked, careful to not hug back.

"Because I loved you." Gene admitted, resting his head on top of Zane's. "And I still do."

Zane wiggled slightly, hugging him slightly. A few seconds later, he rested his head against his chest. Gene stroked his head carefully, looking down at him.

"Get some rest. You seem tired." He said, smiling as his tail flicked.

Zane nodded, closing his eye and letting Gene embrace him. He felt... safe. Safe was a feeling Zane had not had in a very long time, or even spoken the word. It was so... different from the situations he had been in. It felt... good to feel safe. He let sleep overtake him, forgetting about his meeting with his younger brother.

When he woke up, he was in an unfamiliar room.

He immediately sat up, startling the male next to him on the bed.

"Wakey wakey, sleeping beauty." Gene grinned, sitting up and putting an arm around the other.

"Gene.. where am I?" Zane asked, his ears lowering.

"The place where my pack is staying." He answered, yawning.

Zane stiffened slightly. He wasn't used to being excluded from Gene's pack, even if they hadn't seen in so many years. Still... he didn't feel offended by it. He should have been expecting it.

"Why am I here?" He asked, now feeling much safer.

"I couldn't just leave you there outside the bakery." Gene answered, stroking his head. "Who knows what would have happened if some stranger came by and picked you up?"

"You... do have a point..." He smiled slightly.

"Wanna watch TV?" He asked, looking at the TV in front of them.

Zane nodded, leaning against Gene as if they had been together like that for their entire lives. Gene grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, going to a show that they would both be comfortable with.

As they layed back down, Zane looked at Gene.

"You know, I'm really happy that we get to see each other again."

"Me too, Zane. Me too."

After a few minutes or so of watching the program, Zane and Gene both fell asleep. They were hugging each other, their face close to each other. So close that they could be kissing.

And at the doorway of the room, a spiky haired male was taking photos, holding hands with a blind blue haired male.