Chapter 2

-Dead?-

-Haruka Takahide's PoV-

Eyes.

Open.

Now.

Please.

---

Huh?

Why it won't?

Why can't I open my eyes?

Am I dead?

Wait no-

I'm not dead.

I'm still thinking.

Isn't that impossible?

---

I sighed as I remember a scene where I was suddenly in an empty vast room with a god. Precisely, a god of time.

"WAAAH!!! I'M SO SORRY YOUNG MAN! I REALLY AM SORRY! MY DUTY IS TO TAKE THE SOULS OF THOSE WHOSE LEAVES IN THE TREE OF LIFE ARE ALREADY DRIED AND I WAS ABOUT TO TAKE ONE BUT I STUMBLED AND TAKE YOURS INSTEAD!!! I'M SORRY!!! I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO LIVE SO---"

Wow.

Never thought a god could be this loud...

"No it's okay. I don't have that much time living anyway. I was rusting inside out"

I calmly cutted his rambling off.

At first he was surprised.

"Hmm? Is there a problem about my statement Mister God? "

I look at him and blinked twice.

"N-Nothing young man. Anyways, I am Carceus, the new god of time"

He replied.

"New? I never thought gods were replaced. "

"Well, at times there are replacements. If you humans think gods are immortal, well they don't "He rambled again.

"Oh.Okay" I mumbled and sat on the vast empty floor of nothingness.

"Young man. What is your name? You are quite different than others"
He asked and sat beside me.

"I'm Haruka Takahide. Why do you say so Carceus-sama? "

"Hmm... Let's say if someone different had died by a mistake, they would ramble and complain about it. They are selfish and are ambitious and they even want to be immortal. Why are you not like that young Haruka Takahide?" He answered and asked.

"Hmm...What's good about living that kind of life? To be honest. I kinda like this kind of death. So can I say thanks to you Carceus-sama? " I answered honestly with a smile.

He look at me.

And his eyes watered.

Wait, why was a god crying?

"Waaah!!! You are so cute Young Haruka Takahide! I never knew someone can still be this honest and considerate!!! " He exclaimed and hugged me.

"Eh? Carceus-sama, are you okay?Please don't cry.."I patted his back.

Wait... -___- why was I the one comforting him?

He wiped the tears and smiled at me.

"Please do accept my apology young Haruka Takahide, and please, I would like it if you live another life. A restart. I knew you have endured a lot of pain so let me help you. Can you restart young man? I promise I will watch over you"He offered.

So wait.....

Does this means I can live again?

Restart?

Sounds interesting but....

Why am I still hesitant?...