prologue

READ: HI UM THE NEXT COUPLE OF CHAPTERS ARE HARD TO READ BECAUSE I WAS A NEW WRITER AND I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS HORRIBLE UTTERLY AND TRULY TO READ. I WILL NOT BE EDITING THEM AND IF I DO, IT WILL BE AFTER I FINISH SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME BECAUSE I SPACE THINGS OUT LATER ON AND IT IS BETTER ALL TOGETHER I THINK.

——

edited

erika

I adjusted my shirt self consciously for the twentieth time.

I'm probably the literal definition of a mess. In reality, I live the lonely loser life of any teenage fangirl. And sure, maybe I stay on tumblr till 4 am and stalk a group of idiots that call themselves one direction (which was a bad choice on their part, literally the amount of jokes that have come from that name is astounding).

And I may possibly be minutes from meeting these idiots. I'm not too antisocial because I've managed to land an absolutely bonkers best friend, who drives me absolutely nuts.

But hey what are best friends for?

"Erika! Stop mumbling to yourself it gives me the creeps," Lily shivers, slapping the back of my head lightly.

"Oi! Quit it!"

"Stop trying to be British Erika, you're american. I need to give you some burgers and fries and throw your tea in the harbor," she joked, chuckling to herself.

I rolled my eyes. I slipped on my shades, "Looking fresh for one direction." I laughed and then noticed Lily was too busy staring at the image of the upcoming meet and greet. I don't get what the big deal was with security, I mean they make a whole big deal checking us and then we arrive and literally all that's separating us from running around backstage is a curtain. The security guards are probably chasing the boys somewhere, and us being the fangirls we are, mixed up the times and arrived hours earlier.

I smirked, quickly pushing her forward so that she tumbled onto the curtain, easily pulling it down with her. I burst out laughing as I watched her rolling finally come to an end. She poked her head up and tried to untangle herself from the curtains but failed, various times. She started giggling too.

"Erika! Help meeee," she giggled, fake pouting. I sauntered over and held my hand out.

Mistake number one. I'm obviously the biggest idiot in the world because of course she's going to pull me down.

Like the pair of weirdos we are, we couldn't seem to shake off our laughter, whether it be because we're incredibly nervous, or how utterly ridiculous we are.

We sat there for what felt like hours giggling and clutching our stomachs.

Mistake number two. If you decide to sit and laugh with your best friend in a forbidden area, obviously someone's going to catch you.

Lily and I were the actual definition of sitting ducks.

"Oi! What are the two of you doin' ere?"

"Stop with the 'oi' Ni, it doesn't make you cooler!"

"Oi, shut up Liam!"

I widened my eyes, no way in hell was that two members of one direction. I quickly covered my mouth and threw myself behind Lily. She started quivering and I felt her try to wrap her arms around me.

The footsteps came closer to our area of choice and our breaths started to quicken.

"Liam, do ya think they're dead or something?"

"That's always a possibility Niall."

I felt a noise come through my throat, niam was literally occuring right before our eyes!

"oh god liam what if she's giving birth!"

Lily quickly sat up and lifted up a finger, "Excuse me, Niall Horan from one direction, but my friend is not pregnant or in any way seemingly pregnant. I'm quite sure you just called her fat but I'll let it pass, just this once." She winked at me and quickly hid behind the curtain again.

—————————————————————————————-

as you can tell I've never been to a meet and greet....

also the pic is who i think erika would look like :)

nat xx