Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24:

Erika’s POV:

It was just white. The lights were blinding hurting my eyes forcing me to instantly slap my hands over them. I took a wobbly step forward but tripped over something, I don’t know, possibly a cable. I waited for the hurtful face plant that awaited me, making a great first impression to directioners everywhere.

But then I felt his arms. They were tight around my waist keeping me from hitting the cold, solid ground.

“Whoa,” I heard him whisper, breathlessly, “You look absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous and that is an understatement.”

I blushed almost instantly, tilting my head to the side and muttering simple thanks. I picked myself up, forcing him to release me from his arms and brush myself off rather shyly, my eyes seeming to adjust to the lights.

I heard a couple of snickers and quickly turned to the girls, all giggling at Niall and I’s encounter, Niall scratched his head, rather embarrassed.

“Oh bug off,” I told the girls flicking my hand at them.

Then there was laughter erupting all around me and I looked around the rather large stage for five boys honestly, but nobody was around. I turned towards the blinding light and thought I must be going mad. I’m seeing a white light and hearing things but then I saw a face appear amongst the light. It seemed to be a small girl’s face, about 8 years old. She was wearing a 1D shirt and carrying a big poster saying “FUTURE MRS.ONE DIRECTION” and I chuckled. I needed to meet this girl for some reasons she seemed to be special. And then she waved at me and I, rather overjoyed, smiled and waved back. Soon more and more faces began to appear and I almost lost sight of the small girls face but then I saw it again. She seemed to be squealing and hugging her mother screaming words I couldn’t hear.

I was awoken from my dream when an arm wrapped around me and pulled me closer.

“Well these are our girls,” Harry began holding Lily tightly.

“AND ALEX!” Alex shouted leaning on Zayn.

“And Alex,” Harry added.

“And we will be dedicating this next song to them, it’s rather slow, so can everyone partner up?” Liam asked.

Niall wrapped his arms around my waist and I placed my arms around his neck. I could feel his heart beating smooth and steady as he gave me a wink and although sometimes I can’t stand Niall, I couldn’t help the overwhelmingly large grin that seemed to spread across my face.

And then the music began.

(Hit play on the side right about now :)

Niall and I began to sway slightly, completely disregarding all the practice we had spent countless hours on this one dance. But to me that was perfect.

Am I asleep, am I awake, or somewhere in between?

I can’t believe that you are here and lying next to me

Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined?

Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?

Niall took a breath for his solo and stared straight into my eyes. He seemed as if he was completely looking into me, into my soul.

Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss

And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this,

I’m just the underdog who finally got the girl