6

kim seomin|| friday|| 7:40am

i made my way in the middle of the boys. i was thruthfully scared. for the first time, i was the new girl and it was making me feel ill.

we came to the main office and i enrolled. i have most of my classes with the boys - not every class is with all of them in it, i mean at least one of the boys are in one of my classes except for math, global, and music class.

my schedule for today was music class, dance, science, gym, and swimming. i had a relaxed schedule so i was happy.

jeongin showed me to the music class and i smiled at him and waved goodbye. the class was awfully loud. singing, playing instruments, rapping, it was beautiful.

"class! quiet down!! we have a new student" the teacher said as she creepily smiled at me.

"hello! my name is kim seomin. i came from SK High and i'm glad to be here. i hope i can make many friends. please take care of me!" i said with my voice shaking and a smile on my face as i bowed. the class clapped and cheered. - they seemed really nice.

"seomin right? come sit with me" a very pretty good looking boy said as i was trying to find a seat.

"i'm haknyeon!" he said as he smiled and gave me his hand

"i'm seomin" i said but i mentally slapped myself because i just introduced myself. he chuckled and then filled me in until we got interrupted by our teacher - mrs.chen

"seomin, every new student must sing a song or rap. even if they've always been here but switched classes they must. so please, perform" she gave me a warm smile as i made my way up and the class cheered.

"c-can i get a guitar?" haknyeon gave me his guitar and gave me a thumbs up.

'you got this seomin-ah' i thought to myself.

"i'll be singing 'Downpour' by i.o.i" i began strumming my guitar.

at first it was kinda scary, but as i relaxed and got comfortable i felt myself let loose. i let my voice sing all it wanted. i hit every not perfectly and played every note correctly on the guitar. i felt a tear run down my face as i thought about my dad and mom.

i finished the song and opened my eyes. i looked around to see some people crying, some with their mouths opened in shock, some recording. they all cheered for me and said i was talented. i felt special and important.

i made my way back to haknyeon and he looked somewhat upset but happy.

"you did well!! but, kim seomin why did you cry..?" he asked with a bit of sadness.

"i-i..." he cut me off

"you don't have to tell me if you don't want to." he said as he looked down playing with his fingers

"i will tell you it's okay... um i sing and dance of course and of course i make music... my dad never liked me playing music or making music or even singing or dancing. everytime i'd do something music related he'd beat me... he'd beat me every single day if he had to. i stopped music for a while and i started again recently. my dad beat me and he kicked me out. but now my friends took me in and because of them i joined this school. that song reminds me of my dad and my mom." i said with a tear running down my face again haknyeon wiped away my tear and pushed my head up with his finer on my chin.

i look up and see haknyeon and most of the class looking at me and some of them were crying - even mes.chen. but i wipped my tears and stood up.

"i'm okay now though!! let's make music now guys!" i said showing my smile and cheering. everyone smiled weakly and got back to what they were doing. i felt like i belonged somewhere and i'm glad i came here, i fit in.

"you are strong." haknyeon said while smiling weakly and giving me a small hug.