2

kim seomin|| 4:33pm||tuesday

i went to the studio a bit earlier today due to my parents coming home from a business trip today. - and there he was. walking into studio room 6. i stood in front of his room and watched him warm up. he was wearing the same black hoodie from yesterday. i stood there for about 10 minutes watching him move his body to the beats, hearing him rap.

he looked at me through the mirror and i quickly ran across the hall to room 12 and went inside. i panted, i never ran so fast in my life. i sat there for about 5 minutes thinking about him until i looked at the clock and realized it was already 5 and i pushed away thoughts of him and started dancing.

i started dancing to "Say My Name" by JBJ and i let my body take over me again. i hit every beat and i sang every note correctly. i looked in the mirror and there he was - looking at me dance. i stopped dancing and walked over to my phone to pause my music. he opened the door and walked in.

"i noticed you yesterday too - you were watching me... i figured i should check you out. you dance well." he said as he smiled.

"thank you. you dance well too. you also rap well!" i said as i smiled back.

"hyunjin, hwang hyunjin" he said as he held out his hand for me to shake.

"kim seomin" i took his hand and shook it. he chuckled and pulled his hand away.

"your name sounds like my friends name, his name is seungmin" he said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

we talked some more and we even showed each other our dances and raps/singing. it was beautiful - perfect. i took a glance at the clock and i realized how late it was. 9pm, i was late to dinner with my parents. if they found out i started dancing and doing music again they would kill me.

"hyunjin, i'm so sorry i have to go" i said as i took my stuff and ran out.

i ran all the way home only to be greeted with 2 cars in the driveway. i mentally smacked myself as i walked in. i took off my sneakers and placed them next to my moms and i went to the dining room.

"why are you so late? i heard you are dancing again." my dad said as he avoided eye contact while my mom just shook her head.

"y-yes.. i did start dancing again.. and singing too... playing instruments too." i said as i looked at my dad as he stood up walking towards me - i knew what would happen next.

"you're my daughter... and doing this will only help you realize that you don't belong with dancing and music. hopefully this will knock some sense into you." my dad said as he raised his hand and started hitting me.

slapped me, punched me, kicked me, pulled me by my hair, threw stuff at me. i cried, it's been years since i felt this pain, i'm so used it but yet it still hurts. after about 10 minutes of beating my dad got up and went to go wash his hands.

"no dinner for you tonight. go up to your room. i don't want to see you for rest of the night." i looked at my mom as my dad said those things. she knew it was wrong - but she was afraid to do anything.