Preparation

"WAKE UP WAKE UP!" Is all I heard as I fell off me bed in the morning.

"MARLEY! IT'S 7:30! GO TO SLEEP!" I said.

"BUT WE CAN'T!" She said as she pulled me out of bed. "WE HAVE TO GET READY FOR THE BALL!"

"Which isn't till 8 might I remind you!"
Luke said as he got out of bed. Eventually, she got us out of bed and down to breakfast and we'll admit, we were kinda hungry so we just let her drag us to the Great Hall.

"Who knew someone at this age would have the energy of a 6 year old?" Luke said as we entered.

"I know right." I said. "She kind of reminds me of my little cousin, Lily." After breakfast we walked to Moaning Myrtles bathroom to check on the potion. Luke waited outside though cause he didn't wanna be in a girls bathroom, not to mention that has a ghost in it. "It looks great." I said. "But I just need one more thing. To the library we go!" So we went to the library to look for one more thing that I needed left for my potion.

In the library, Luke is eating (as per usual;I swear he's starting to remind me of Uncle Ron), I'm putting a crap load of books away, and Marley's just pacing down the row.

Marley's pacing nervously down the hall and I'm getting concerned. She's been acting strange for a while and has been quieter then usual.

"Marley, you ok-"

"I'm gay!" I dropped the books and Luke choked on water. "And Bailey and I are going to the ball together."

I got up and hugged my best friend. "I'm so happy for you! And I just want to let you know that we are here for you ok?" She nodded her head and smiled. Then we turned to Luke who was starting to breath again.

"You ok there?" She said.

"Never better." He said regaining his strength.

After lunch, we parted ways and rounded up the girls to get ready while the guys did the same. We all decided to get ready in the prefects bathroom because Professor McGonagall let us use the big bathroom since it was a lot of us. And trust me when I say that there was a crap load of girls in there.

Emily was happy because Mike had finally asked her to the ball in the morning. "I thought I was gonna go alone." She said.

We all split up into groups (once again) to make getting ready a lot easier and faster. There were 6 showers so only 6 girls would go and then another set of 6 would go. We had the lavatory divided into sections: on the left was hair, then to the right was makeup. Then we had all the dresses hung on a big rack and whenever the girls would finish getting ready, they'd grab their dress with their matching shoes and go change.

Once they were ready, we sent them to the Room of Requirement, so none of the guys would see them before the ball. Then I remembered something and got up and said,
"I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Marley said.

"To the common room. I forgot something." And I ran out of the bathroom. I ran up to the dormitory to grab my dress and a little box. The dress was for me and the box was for Emily. She didn't chose jewelry so I got it for her.

"Emily." I said walking back in. "I have something for you."

"What is it?" She said and I handed her the box.

"Open it." She opened it to reveal a thin silver necklace with a small hare on it.

"It's beautiful! Just like my moms."

"That's why I got it for you. I saw it on a store front and it reminded me of you."

"Thank you!" She said and she gave me a hug.

"No problem."

30 minutes passed and I was almost ready. All I needed was to chose a color.

"I think I'm going to use Green for starters, to bring out my eyes."

"That's a good idea and it'll be cute, I guess." Marley said.

"Why the I guess?"

"I just feel bad you're going alone. It sucks that Colombia won and he lost the bet."

"Oh yeah, right. I totally forgot about that."

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Don't worry about me, I'll manage without a date." Then we looked at the time. It was here, the moment we had been waiting for. It was time for the ball.