Hogswing Common Room

Once the feast was over, the prefect of Hogswing, Joseph, led us out of the common room into long and complicated directions which seemed like we were walking forever. Finally after a couple minutes, we paused in front of a wall in between a bunch of paintings which was about the size of a door. Then Joseph stood in front of the wall and said, "Chocolate Cherries" Then all of a sudden, where the empty part of the wall was, the wall began to deform itself into a pathway.

Then he said, "Everybody follow me. Come on, quickly!" So we started to follow in, of course, Luke letting me and Marley go through first. Such a gentleman! Anyways we walk through the wall to see the fanciest looking place I've ever seen. The common room was cream and a dark purple which must mean those are our house colors. I'm mean purples not my favorite color but I'll manage. There was a long white table with black chairs on one side and a couple lounge chairs on each side. On the other side of the common room, there was a beautiful marble fireplace
with a beautiful dark dark purple couch. It looked like a super fancy high class room and it was breathtaking.

"Wow!" I said. Just then Joseph began to speak, "All right listen up you lot. As you know, Hogswing is a very special house which means it was created to honor the Battle of Hogwarts because that was when all the houses united as fought together as one. As you see there is a marble staircase leading to two separate sides. On the right are the bathrooms and on the left are the bedrooms." There are 5 people per room and no separation for this house. You must be up by 7 am and at the great hall by 8:30. Classes start at 9 and lunch is at 12. The classes are over by 3 pm and must be down at the great hall by 6 for dinner. You must be at your houses by 9 and curfew is at 10. You will find all your belongings including pets in the first room. Announcements will be posted on the wall. Enjoy!" And he finished his speech.

Once he finished speaking, we all ran to get our bags and get settled in a room. Since we were the only ones that knew each other, Marley, Luke, and I decided to share a room along with two other people called Jack and Jake who are twin brothers. We each had a nightstand with 3 drawers, a cabinet with 4 small shelves at the bottom, and a twin sized bed. Everything was so nice and fancy it was like if I was staying at a five star hotel. I plopped my trunk on my bed, flipped the hinges open and began to unpack. Now Im the daughter of Hermione so of course I inherited her brains. So, I had everything organized neatly folded and separated into piles. And the cool thing was that my mom added an extending charm to two of my bags where I had all my school supplies in one, and my reading books in another. Yes, I knew there was a big library but I wanted my favorite books to be closely accessible.

I finished early so I went onto help Marley and Luke finish unpacking and I gave them both some organization tips. Then once we were all done we sat with the twins and started to get to know each other. Turns out we all have one main thing in common: Quidditch. We all love Quidditch and have played it before so we decided to try out for the team when it's Quidditch season. Then we looked at the time and realized it was getting late so we decided to shower and head to bed because we had the whole weekend to explore the castle before our first day of class on Monday. It looked like I was going to have the greatest time here. Once we showered, we returned to the room said our good nights and went to our beds. I climbed into my bed, looked at a picture frame of me and my parents, smiled at the moving screen, took off my glasses and turned off my lamp. Then I feel into a nice happy deep sleep.

Hey guys so now we know Marley, Jack, and Jake. Sorry that was a long chapter. What do you think of Hogswing? Let me know in the comments. Goodnight! -Madi