I took the opportunity, raised my fist in the air and tried to punch him.

I closed my eyes and threw my fist at him but midway, warm palm wrapped around them and I shuddered.

"This is not how you form a fist, kitten." He whispered as he freed my fist and put my thumb over my knuckles.

"Here," he said and kissed my knuckles.

My heart thudded and I wanted to cry and smile at the same time.

Why do we have to be so fucked up all the time?

"Hit me." He encouraged and I pulled my fist back to punch again. I threw a punch and it hit him on his shoulder.

I used all of my strength. And he didn't even budge.

That hunky, gorgeous bastard.

He chuckled and took my fist again. He opened my palm and entwined our fingers together, pulling me closer.

He bend down to whisper in my ear and I shuddered when his lips touched my ear.

"I didn't know my kitten was feisty." He whispered, grazing my earlobe with his lips.

I clenched on his shoulder for support but he pulled away, looking at me with so much intensity and affection in his eyes that I thought this was a dream.

This has to be a dream.

He took our entwined hands, kissed my hand and placed it on his heart.

"I swear to The Moon Goddess, Oli." He said, "I didn't know that they'd make something so sick out of it. I had no intention to hurt you. I was so genuinely shocked when I heard about it from you that I just couldn't comprehend it."

"I can fix it though," he said. "If you want me to. I can tell them that we are a couple and that we are going out. I will tell them that they'll be punished if they  spread such rumors  about they Beta's girlfriend again. So that they'll learn a lesson and they'll learn to respect other women. But I won't do it without asking you. I did that mistake once."

I closed my mouth and pursed my lips. As much as I liked the idea of them shutting up, I didn't want him to go tell them we are couple either.

Because we are not couple.

He never asked me out and I never said yes.

He might be my mate but he'll still have to court me. He'll still have to ask me on a date and propose. I refuse to be the 'easy girl.'

Also, he still doesn't want anyone to know we are mates. So why should I agree to something that will satisfy his jealousy?

As if reading my thoughts he shook his head and moved closer. "I know what you are thinking. I know you are hurt about me not announcing us as mates."

"I haven't marked you yet," he explained, "and I can't till next New moon. You know that the higher ranks of Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Delta can only mark their mates on new moon because their bond is much stronger. Last new moon was a day before your birthday, and the next New moon is a month after."

I frowned. What does that have to do with it?

"I am a beta. And Reece hasn't found his mate yet. So that will make you- the Beta Female- the most important and authoritatively strong woman of the pack. Everyone will know you are my mate and you'll be unmarked. Double danger.

Our enemies- rouges and several other packs-  think of this as an opportunity to make us weak. A mate is a weakness in terms that if we lose our mate, we go crazy. I don't want to give anyone that opportunity. I can't lose you.

So I just want to wait till I mark you. Then, we can tell the world that we're mates."

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT ❤️ YOUR VOTES MAKE ME SMILE LIKE CRAZY 💝

---1600 words---

Don't forget to add this story to tour library to get a notification everytime I update

For the first time I didn't end it with a cliffhanger. Who is proud of me? 😂❤️

1. Do you think Olivia will forgive him?

2. Was Chance's explanation valid in your eyes?

3. Would you rather punch someone or kick them?

4. Chips or chips?

5. Which country do you belong to? I'd love to know where my readers come from ❤️

Vote
Comment
Share ❤

-Love_Yourself_10_x ❤️