He flinched a bit but gave me a tight smile. "Aw! You are breaking my heart princess. Don't you miss your little ole' mate? Come on now, give me a hug."

He spread his arms wide in front of me and plastered a big fat grin on his face. He looked so cute right now.

No Oli, you can't get soft. I told myself.

I am horrible at staying mad.

BUT I AM NOT GIVING UP SO EASILY.

I rolled my eyes at him and threw a pillow at him. "Stop." I mumbled.

"Pillow fight?" He said, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively and my cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

Ugh! Why the hell he has to be adorable?

"Come to the point, Chance." I said flatly, trying to keep my fangirling at bay.

He sighed and all the playfullness vanished from his face.

His face fell and he hung his head low, drawing miscellaneous patterns on the bed sheet. He bottom lip jut out in a little pout and my heart melted a little.

"I just..." He mumbled. "I wanted to say sorry, Oli. I have been such an idiot..." He looked out of the window and gulped. His expression soft and apologetic.

A small smile graced on my lips and my stomach fluttered when he said my name.

But I didn't let it show.

"I have a reason for what I did," he took one of my hands in his and I gasped. The sparks were there. On full force.

"After your little heat experience, when I came to the pack house late at night, Reece began pestering me about what happened. A lot of people were there too, wanting to know.

I- I just wanted to tell the truth that we didn't do anything but then my wolf told me that it would give everyone the expression that she's single and out there to be taken. He wanted to mark his territory.

We also couldn't forget about Andrew and how he obviously likes you. I wanted to make him jealous. I wanted him to know that you are mine and he can't have you. Not under my watch.

And then, it was the way Reece tried to flirt with you that night that fucked my mind and I lied. I thought that when I'll tell them we slept together, they'll understand that you belong to me and they'll let it pass.

But I was wrong. I didn't..I didn't expect this news to become what it did and I surely didn't want you to get hurt."

He caressed my knuckles and looked at me with eyes filled with so much honesty, it was hard not to believe him.

"I know you are still mad at me," he whispered.

"Yeah and I want to hit you so bad." I said bluntly, making him crack a grin.

"Oh yeah?" He said, looking up with amusement swirling in his eyes. I couldn't help but smile.

I nodded at him and he chuckled. "Hit me, then."

I first looked for any sort of humor in his eyes but then I realized he was serious.

No problem.