Power's and Goals

"My goal has always been to be the fastest, it always has been. Even when I heard about the Flash and the other speedsters, that's been my goal. I know I'm destined to be fast. I'm the fastest running the mile in my school and each time I improved my time, though it's nothing close to the Flash's new record of a mile per .0000056 seconds. Anyway, I've forgotten my introductions. My name is Volt Maxim. I'm a seventeen-year-old boy, and besides being fast I want to be a cop."

"Dude you talk a lot, what do you want?" Cisco asks.

"I want to be a part of Team Flash, I want to be a metahuman," I reply excitedly, while looking around the cortex.

"You just told us you were seventeen, we're not about to hit you with some dark matter, and even if we did there's no way we could guarantee you would become a speedster," Cisco replies rolling his eyes.

"Actually there is a way you could," I counter.

"Oh, really? I'm interested to know how?" He says not believing me for a second.

"Well it's really actually quite simple, you generate the same energy like a lightning bolt and strike me with it, the same time you open one of your dark matter portals on the airfield," I state simply.

"We actually have a dark matter gun now," Cisco admitted.

"Well, that makes it easier doesn't it?" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Hold up, how do you know all this?" Caitlyn interjected.

"Well for one I'm not dumb, I finished high school three years ago, and am waiting to be old enough to go to the Star City police academy, that and I'm really good friends with Felicity Smoak," I explain.

"That explains it," Cisco says raising his hands as if having an excelsior moment.

"So are we gonna hit me or not?" I ask getting slightly impatient.

"We'll have to ask the Flash first," Caitlyn says turning in her chair.

"You mean Barry Allen?" I ask.

"Umm no, Barry Allen is definitely not the Flash. Why would you even think that?" Cisco chuckles.

"Really good friends with Felicity, I worked with Oliver Queen too, I know the whole deal," I say.

"But he's seventeen," Dr. Snow mutters, clearly not liking me having worked with the Green Arrow.

I see a flash of yellow lightning zoom past me and stop behind the rest of Team Flash.

Flash doing the cool vocal cord thing asks "Who are you? What are you doing here?"

"Hi Barry, my name is Volt Maxim, I'm here to become a part of Team Flash," I respond

Barry takes off his cowl and returns his voice back to normal.

"How do you know my name?" He asks seeming annoyed.

"Felicity," I state simply.

"Oh...Do you have a special skill set? Powers?" He presses starting to get impatient.

"I'm smart, and I can hack almost as fast as Felicity. I'm fairly fast, and have done sparring sessions with Oliver and Dig." I offer.

"Fair enough," he says.

"Umm Barry could I chat with you for a second." Cisco interrupts.

"Uh sure," Barry responds seeming confused.

After a couple minutes of chatting Barry returns.

"So you want to be a speedster?" He asks, giving an almost disproving look.