Chapter 20 - Moving On

To say that I took my sister's departure lightly is definitely an understatement.

There was not a day that went by that made me realize how much I really missed her. And every day I was constantly reminded of the greatest mistake I made by trusting her. But we live only by learning from our mistakes right?

It took me a couple months to actually get over my sister. To be honest I was in shock for a while. But then I became really focused and angry I guess and I directed that anger and focus onto school. Nick was no longer allowing me to actually 'work' with S.H.I.E.L.D because of my little incident.

I still lived in the HQ but I had less access to files and documents, not that I needed them anyways. My main concern now was finishing up at S.H.I.E.L.D academy so I could graduate and get out of this place as soon as possible.

I think it was a little after Hayley left that I realized I no longer wanted to be a part of this. Don't get me wrong, S.H.I.E.L.D is my family, but I want to get out, hopefully see my brother one day, live a real life and actually enjoy myself instead of constantly living in danger.

2 months ago Phil Coulsons POV:
"Sir are you sure we should go through this again? After all last time it was a very threatening process." I reason with the director .

"Phil as much as I agree with you, this needs to be done. Her having these powers right now will be too much. We can't expose her to any danger. I'll be taking away her clearance. It's better this way." I nod in agreement with him. We can't let Kat suffer anymore.

"What if one day she needs to use those powers?" Agent Hill piped up from the corner of the office.

"Well if worst comes to worst, then we tell Katrina. The doctors said that she will be able to remember this and deactivate her powers if we remind her, or else it is almost completely erased from her brain. She just needs that simple reminding and a code word."

"But I won't tell you the code word till it becomes necessary."

And just like that, we all settled down in The Director's office as we waited to hear the report about Katrina undergoing the Tahiti project to wipe her memory and take away her powers temporarily.

Present day Katrina's POV:
Fast forward to today, 2 years after the whole sister incident where I'm starting my first day of my final year at the academy. We don't go by a grade system, instead we go by years. So this is my 10th year at the academy. I'm 20 right now so I'm allowed to drive myself to school.

I got up early this morning since it's the first day of school. I quickly stop by the cafeteria and pick up an apple to munch on for breakfast. I never really have time to make my own anyways. I wave to a couple people in the building and walk out with my keys in my hand and backpack sling over my right shoulder.

Now I'll admit, I don't have my own car right now because I'm saving up, but I'm not stealing either. I'm simply borrowing. The car I happen to be borrowing is Phil's most prized possession "Lola".

I smile as I walk towards the bright red convertible. It stands out amongst all the other cars. Phil doesn't need to know that I take his car, he barely uses it anyways.

Taking a bite out of my apple, I start the car. "Oh car god, you better be good to me , let me not die, and let me not die under the hands of Phil Coulson if I ruin this car. Amen." I quickly pray before reversing out of the parking spot and zooming out of the lot.

School starts at 8:30 and it is currently 8:00. The academy is only 10 minutes away from the HQ so I have time. I decide to call my greatest amigos and check up on them. I take out my flip phone and press speed dial.