Chapter 1- 1991

"No you don't understand she's just a child she needs just as much love as that baby!" I heard tony shouting from outside my bedroom. All the lights were off and my door was shut so that everyone thought I was asleep. I heard the station wagon roll up the driveway. I glanced over to the calendar across from the door, the only thing on my wall other than pictures with tony. The date was December 17th, my birthday still and ending in exactly two hours, 11 minutes and 43 seconds.

1991 what a funny year, ha the numbers can be written backwards and still be the same that's so cool. I was practically thinking nonsense to distract me from the yelling outside.

"Anthony don't you dare speak to your mother like that!" I could hear dad screaming as he shut the door.

"I can speak however I wish dad I'm an adult. Don't you realize that she gets sad every time you miss her birthday, it's all she's ever wished for for the last 3 fucking years" my breath hitches as I hear him curse, now he's defiantly dead. Why was he defending me? It's not like mom and dad would do anything anyways, he said it himself.

"It's like you care for the baby more than any of us. Dad! Mom! Are you even listening?! What the hell do you even do with the baby at work? Why does she need to be there anyways??!" I tried to squirm under my sheets to deafen my ears from the noise.

"Tony I've had enough of this go to your bedroom!" There was a few moments of silence and I had expected him to have left.

"Oh my god, you're experimenting on the baby aren't you?" There was no response and I felt the tears trickling down my face.

" you two are sick! You never loved us! You just use us like one of your toys am I right?" He asked with a hiss in his voice.

"Tony-..." I heard my moms weary voice pleading for forgiveness but knowing tony he probably just ignored her. I heard silence and then footsteps coming towards the bedroom. In fear I his underneath the sheets just in time before the door silently cracked upon exposing some of its light along the way.

"Kat it's just me, I know your awake" he said in such a whisper that it made it evident that no one knew he was here.

I reluctantly pulled down the covers and shuffled to the corner of my bed to let tony have some space to sit.

His eyes were red and puffy and so was his face. I hugged him almost too immediately which he took by surprise and slowly hugged me.

"You're leaving aren't you?" I asked with disappointment in his voice.

"Kat you have to keep this a secret, I told mom and dad earlier that I got a job opportunity-"

"You did?" I asked excited.

"Well it's not a lie but I was thinking about looking for a place to live" I looked down at the sheets with a sad face. So he was going to leave me with them.

"Kat I'm not leaving I'm finding us a place to stay away from them" his voice made it sound like everything was settled. And I was beyond over joyed .

"Tony I promise I won't tell them I swear and I'll pretend like youn never came here I pinky swear" I held out my pinky to show him and he did the same too folding our pinkies into each other I couldn't help but realize tomorrow would take a lot of lying and convincing.

"What about the baby?" I asked now realizing we still had her... The unnamed baby. 2 months already and they still couldn't find a darn name.

"What about her?" He asked with a smirk on his face as he got up from the bed and took my hand.

"Think of this as a you and me trip away from dad and mom.....basically what we're living in right now but better.......I will be back for you my fair lady" he said in his best Shakespearean voice making me softly giggle but I covered my mouth to prevent it from echoing.

"Farewell my prince" I said waving my hand like a royal noble.

"I love you Kat" he said as placed a soft kiss on my forehead and tucked me in

"I love you Tony" I said in a barely audible whisper after he closed the door.