Chapter 2-Stark

My eyes began to stir and I reluctantly got up from bed. I quickly jumped up and down which was equivalent to a normal persons stretch, and quickly changed and got ready for the morning.

There were just two more weeks until school began and it also meant two more weeks till tony would return to take me to his new found home.

I was glad mom and dad were so gullible and that I was able to get away with anything. I could just pretended like I had no idea where Tony was and kept asking them the questions. I'm pretty sure that's what agents at S.H.I.E.L.D do, make it more complicated then it should.

I walked out of my bedroom now properly dressed and was surprised to see my parents there feeding the baby. Usually they were at work by this time.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked almost a bit too rudely.

"Honey it's our house I think we have the right to be here" dad joked put I payed no literal attention to it.

"Oh and happy birthday" my mom added. I quickly glanced up at her to see her making pancakes on the stove.

"You're a day late" I scoffed and both mom and dad gave each other clueless looks. Unbelievable did they actually forget.

"Oh no honey today's the 17th I'm sorry but tony had to celebrate your birthday yesterday because he was leav-" she stopped mid sentence and realized what she said. She looked down at me and I put my best clueless face on.

"Where did Tony go?" I asked with fake curiosity.

"Honey I actually don't know but he's just a bit angry, I think he needs time to think" no he needs time away from you.

"Oh" I said with disappointment in my vice but then became cheery again and sat at the dining table next to the baby. I kissed her on the cheek and she giggled. She was cute I had to admit but I just felt like mom and dad put more care into her than me.

"Wait did you guys take the day off for my birthday?" I asked with hope and a bright smile. There's faded as they both looked at me and sighed.

"Sorry Kitty Kat another busy day at work......speaking of which, we gotta get going" he glanced at his watch and looked up at my mom who just quickly set my pancake on the table and kissed my cheek before running to the door with her lab coat and purse in hand.

"Daddy Daddy, let me go with you" I cried as I ran to my dad and jumped into his arms.

He grinned which then turned into a frown. "I'm sorry darling, believe me I would since Tony's not here anymore, but this is very grown up stuff, you understand that right?"

I reluctantly nodded and jumped down from my fathers arms. My mother ran up to her and bent down to give me a kiss "you're a big girl, and if there's any emergencies, just call for Jarvis, you know his number," I smiled and kissed my mother. I had totally forgotten about Jarvis, he was actually quite entertaining, along with Peggy, who I actually haven't seen in a while.

I waved at them and yelled goodbye as they hopped into their station wagon. I locked the door behind me and sat on the couch closest to the phone.

This had been my first time home alone, and to be frank, I was nervous and excited. I had the freedom to do anything. I had stayed up late last night talking to Tony over the telephone.