Chapter 19 - Letting you go

Kat's POV
I woke up this morning with a killer headache, even worst than yesterday, but that wasn't my main concern. Something felt different.

I got up from my bed, I was going to see if Hayley wanted to get breakfast with me downtown. As I walked out of my room to Hayley's room I noticed the door to her room was slightly ajar. I paused for a second before slowly opening the door. Everything in her room looked scattered, as if someone had ransacked the whole room. Hayley was nowhere to be found. I walked closer to her bed and saw a note lying there. It read "thanks for the invite. Was great knowing you, but I got better stuff to do now thanks to this new S.H.I.E.L.D info I have :) love your sis."
I didn't understand at first. I had to re read the note maybe five times before I finally accepted what had happened. This whole time I had worked so hard to convince myself and everyone that Hayley could be trusted. I knew I was in deep shit

I ran out of the room and straight into the elevator down the hall. Repeatedly hitting the button to Fury's office didn't make my journey to his office any quicker.

After waiting long, the doors open to Fury's room. He stands facing the window while Clint, Natasha, Agents Hill and Coulson are sat around he round table at the center of the room.
"Director Fury! Hayley she's-"
I didn't even get to finish my sentence before Nick turns around to me and screams "GET OUT" I'm taken aback by his tone and his fierce expression. I stutter to say words "I'm sorry." I say with my head hung low. "Because of you and your so called sister, Hydra and whatever organization she's from has access to confidential S.H.I.E.L.D files, and thank you very much for forgetting to mention that you never actually found Hayley but you even had a conversation with their leader and made a deal to let her in, after knowing perfectly well that she has powers and she was the one that attacked you in the first place." The directors face is laced with anger and I can hear my heartbeat pound as he breathes in frustration.

I looked around the room quickly to see everyone else's expressions, they are all equally disappointed. Including the councilman. "Katrina Stark we have no choice but to permanently remove you from S.H.I.E.L.D." One of the council man says . My eyes widen and my breath shortens no this can't be happening.

"Kat" I hear Natasha's voice speak to me. "We're going to have to put you in foster care. I'm sorry it has to be this way." Nat hold back tears as her voice quivers slightly. I look behind me to see the doors opening and two guards in uniforms stepping in.
"Please remove mrs stark." No I think to myself in fear. I feel my eyes welling up. They were just going to remove me like that. Without a proper goodbye. And all because of a mistake I made.

"No" I cry as the guards grab my arms on either side . I look up to see Nat turning away from me. I can't find the energy to call out to Clint who just stares in regret as he watches me being dragged away. Phil looks like he's about to yell at Fury to stop it but he sighs and looks down.
The guards pull on me more, I start to resist. I plant my feet and try to hold myself down but I'm no match for the two of them. "Please no." I scream now. My voice is hoarse from all the crying. "Stop please." I start shaking my hand to get out of the guards' grasp. I can't take this anymore it's too much. My head starts to pain and I scream out in agony. "STOP." I yell.
The table flies to the wall and everything in the room comes in contact with the ground. I open my eyes to see the mess around me. At first I thought we just went through some sort of earthquake but then I realized that everyone was staring at me. I looked down at my hands and they were glowing a bright purple colour.

I did this.

I suddenly became light headed. The room began to spin. And it felt like I had been drained of all of my energy.
I could see everyone running towards me, shouting words back and forth at each other with concerned faces. But I couldn't hear them at all. I had a strange ringing noise blocking out the rest of the sound. In one second my eyes drooped back and my head hit the floor.