Chapter 13- Gut feeling

A knock came at my door causing me to shoot up instantly from my bed.

Making my way to the door I couldn't help but notice how drained I felt after.... After....?

I somehow couldn't put my tongue on it. My powers felt missing but I don't remember how that could be possible.

Maybe the powers were temporary after the project. Some projects weren't always successful after all.

With a click sound I opened my door revealing Fury standing tall with a smile on his face. "Good morning Kat."

"Morning captain Fury." I poked his eye patch and although he didn't seem to mind he rolled his one working eye.

"Harsh. Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?" He joked.

"Impossible, my bed is a twin bed against the wall so really there's no side at all." I sassed in all seriousness.

He deadpanned me.

"Well then I'd like you to meet me at my office after you're changed and have had your breakfast." He stated as I simply nod my head. He walks out the door leaving me to get ready. I Wonder what that was about?

***********

I made my way to the kitchen filled with dozens of agents sitting at various tables, some reviewing notes on cases while others simply chatted.

My thoughts however drifted to another person who stood out sitting by themselves. Natasha.

I paced towards her table. She didn't seem to notice as her attention was on her untouched coffee. "Waiting for anyone?" I asked. She shook her head so I sat down. "Loser." I giggled to myself as she glared with a playful smirk. "Kid normally I'd kill you but there's something about you that's just likable." I grinned. " tell me something I don't know." She rolled her eyes.

"Hey kid The big mans been telling Clint there's something on with you. So anything wrong kid?" She asked in a hushed tone, slowly taking a sip of coffee.

"I'm not entirely sure, I mean this morning I noticed my powers were gone-" she spit her coffee out spraying it on my face. I flicked it off and stared.

"Your powers- they just left, just like that?" I nodded at her dumbfounded look.

"How can you be sure this is safe, like what if it just returns even stronger than before and you can't control it like the last time." I just shrugged.

"I don't know, maybe that's why fury wants me to visit him after this." She cocked her head and raised a brow. "Must be serious. Do you want me to come with you?" I shook my head no.

"Alright then kiddo, see ya soon Kat and be safe." She got up quickly hugged me and waved goodbye before heading out.

I checked the time on my watch 8:11 if I walked quickly enough id make it there around 8:14.

I dashed for the elevator thankfully having no one enter it and inserted the key for floor 21.

Humming along with the annoying tune of the elevator music. Gosh when is someone gonna change that?

Arriving at the 21st floor without any delay I promptly walked up to Furys office door and knocked.

The door swung open as Nick motioned for me to come in whilst he talked with a man with blonde hair through the monitors.

"Why hello is this the famous Katrina Stark?" The blonde man makes notice of me. Famous? Me, if anyone it would be Tony or my parents, no one really knew about me or the baby, we were sorta kept out of the public eye. But then again being recognized felt nice.

I grinned and nodded at him he smiled back. "Kat this is Mr.Secretary Pierce." Nick motioned to the man I was conversing with. He seems important.

"Well then I best be off. Nick." He nodded before the screen turned black, indicating the call had ended.

I then sat down at either of the chairs in front of Nicks desk. I was easily distracted by the view every time I came up here. "So Kat thanks for coming I-"

"I lost my powers" it took him a second to understand what I had said since I'd interrupted him. He stared at me shocked. "Wha- no...." He gazed off as if trying to rethink something.

"Kat. I don't think this was right. Any of this. Well I mean I know you're just a young girl and you've gone through a lot. Perhaps it's best not having your powers anyways." He suggested.

I looked glumly at him. "But they were a part of me, and they probably still are who knows, I gotta learn to except that right? Plus I felt like it was speaking to me; the power I mean, like it was drawing my attention to it to focus on the bigger picture.

Nick looked at me with a terrified expression, probably because I was a kid talking greatly about something inhuman. "Tinny there's no way to know if you would be able to learn how to control it. This, whatever it is is bigger than you, than me, than all of us.  I just don't know if it's right to let you cope with this" I raised a brow at him, what was he suggesting?

"I'm sorry I had to do this." He sighs as I see him raise a gun at me aiming it directly to my chest.