Chapter 7- Finding You

"Mr. Nick Fury, to what do I owe the pleasure?" She sneered as her figure changed form into her human self. It killed me to ask such a wanted criminal for help. "We need your help." I said. She couldn't contain her snort as she crossed her arms over her chest. "After all this time? Did Charles send you?" I shook my head and she silently moved around in her containment room.

"Mystique we don't have much time I'm begging you this is a matter of life of death." I said firmly . She pressed her lips together and nodded waiting for me to continue.

"Howard Stark, maybe you've heard of him-" she rolls her eyes as if it's the most obvious thing on the planet. But then again everyone knew Howard. "His daughter- lets just say an accident occurred but she's in the wrong hands right now. We need you to get her out of there before they do something terrible to her." She glared.

"Mrs. Raven-" I stated firmly

"Don't call me that." She hissed. Coulson shifted behind me like he was ready to pull out his gun.

"I'll allow you your freedom." A terrible offer but it was worth everything.
"Sir." I heard Coulson protest from behind but I ignored him.

"What are they going to do to her, and why should I be willing to help." She said making me want to just hold a gun to her head and make things go quicker.

"Cause I'm putting my life at risk and allowing your freedom so that's damn why!" I shouted making the whole room go silent.

She walked up right to my face and eyes both Maria and Phil. "Fine" she said . I nodded and began to guide her out the door.

"But you're going to need The night crawler you know? " my head whipped to stare back at her. "Who?"

"Azazel's son. Same powers, all I can do is disguise myself, but he's the one you need to teleport you there." She stated simply. I remember reading a file on a few of the xmen incidents from the early 60's.

"Well then get him" she smirked and whistled. Suddenly a spitting image of Azazel was before us. "Who are they?" He asked mystique . "S.H.I.E.L.D" he raised his tail as if to harm us but both Maria and Coulson were prepared to shoot if he did make a move.

"They need our help apparently, just take them to where they need to go, he's offering my freedom." Nightshade glanced back and forth between her and us, debating what he should do.

"Alright." His thick accented voice croaked.

"Picture the place you need to go." I grabbed his hand and so did the others. Immediately we were in the outskirts of new jersey where the first S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters were, underground.

Mystique thanked him before he vanished, I thankfully had a spare S.H.I.E.L.D card with me and she transformed into the agent matching the ID. We got in easily through security. So probably few people knew about Kat being here and me trying to save her, but that wouldn't last forever.

Right now we had to assume that there were eyes and ears everywhere.

We entered a empty hallway until I saw an agent and he first thing that popped in my head was to pull him aside. I shoved him against the wall and leaned in to his ear. "Where are they hiding Mrs.Stark?"

The young frightened agent gulped and replied. "I have no idea who that is , but director I can ask-"

"No." I said quickly revising a new plan. I could tell Maria was getting impatient behind me and so was Coulson.

"Tell them I've come into the building." He gives me a quizzical look before shakily pulling out walkie talkie.

"This is agent 29 reporting, Director Nick Fury has entered the building." There was a long pause until a scruffy voice came on. It was an unfamiliar voice but it was audible.

"Have a team block off the entrance to experimental lab 72 A. And another team monitoring the halls, make sure The Director doesn't get anywhere near us. Over." I glanced back at Maria. She nodded and turned to the rest of the team. "You heard it lab 72 A. Get rid of the team blocking the lab, don't kill them, they're one of us, just make them move." The men nodded and started running off along with Coulson who knew he way better than all of them combined.

"Sir would you like to split up." Maria questions.

"Negative. I need to get Kat out of this myself, it's my fault she's here in the first place." She nods and follows the remaining amount of agents.

"So what did you really need me for?" Mystique finally pipes in. She's leaned against the wall smirking at me as if she knows what I'm going to say.

"They're probably going to block off access to me. I don't know how but they will, but there's one man they wouldn't dare to block off, Alexander Pierce."

"Wait the man that locked me up? Thank the lord almighty finally I can put his name to shame." I have her a glare. Alexander is a man I respect dearly - although he may be a man of privacy he is someone I can trust. (Hehe just wait a couple o years nick. Sorry lol)

Within seconds Pierce was standing before me. "Alright" he smiled as I led the way down the hall and past a couple of stairs leading finally to the hall with all the labs. All our agents stood there, one one each side of the wall, they had already taken out the other men.

"This room sir, it requires- Mr.Pierce" Coulson stopped right in his track to greet whom he thought was Pierce.

"Idiot" mystique murmurs quickly changing to her original voice.  Coulson frowned and stared back at her. She walked up to the room and pressed the lock button. "ID required beyond this point."

"Alexander Pierce" he spoke into the mic. The machine beeped and opened slowly to a glass window separating us from a lab below.

My eyes watched in horror as I saw Katrina's lifeless looking body being transferred into the metallic tube, similar to the Stark industries one.

"GET HER OUT OF THERE" I screamed at my men as I saw doctors preparing needles and knives, I wanted to throw up imagining they could do something like that to a child.

I ran to the nearest door that led down the stairs and banged on it with all my energy, I screamed and kicked like a ignorant child, oblivious to the fact that the door was made of hundreds of layers titanium that not even my men could shoot down.

I hoped and prayed that Katrina would hear me and wake up, or something or of luck would happen. But it didn't.

And then I heard her scream. I scream that made me feel it in the pit of my stomach. Out of pure fear and agony . There was no hope now .