Chapter 9 - Xavier Academy

"It'll only be a while sweetly and then we'll get you out of here in no time." Natasha reassured the young and saddened Katrina. She made a pout at Natasha's comment.

"Are you keeping me here because I'm dangerous?" Katrina asked already knowing somewhat of the answer. Natasha bit her lip and glanced over to Clint who nodded sympathetically.

"No you aren't , a man by the name of Charles Xavier will train you, like me but better, don't worry, I heard there's lots of people you'll get along with, and if someone's troubling you remember what I taught ya hey." She said as she bent down to wipe a small tear brimming at the top of her cheek. Katrina looked up hopefully and smiled.

"Natasha it's time to leave." She scowled at Clint. Their relationship hadn't been the best but it was a work in progress, whilst secretly she trusted Clint more than anyone else.
"I trust you to keep her safe." Natasha said forcefully to Mystique who was now in her human form.

"Alright kid just stay safe." She said awkwardly, still not knowing how to actually talk with a child who had gone through so much, it was like going through the Red Room all over again. It was impossible for a child with so much pain to see good in anything.

Clint and Natasha left through the front doors of the manor and left Katrina standing in the middle of the foyer.

She heard a whirling noise behind her and turned slowly.

"Raven?" The man from behind her asked in complete and utter shock. Raven turned slowly with a straight face as she met Charles' eyes. He was in so much awe that his fingers were almost covering his mouth. "Hello Charles." She opened her mouth to say something she wished she could say many years back but suddenly lost all confidence and ran off to her old bedroom. Neither in the room bothered to run after her. 'She most probably needed some space they thought'.

"Uh..." He started with disappointment that Raven wouldn't talk to him since the war.

"Ms. Stark come, follow me, My name is Charles Xavier and welcome to the academy." He smiled with open arms as he motioned for Katrina to come over, she did immediately trusting the man in the wheelchair with long shaggy hair and a beard. (Keep in mind that this is taking place while Charles was still young, thus his young features.)

He took her hand in his and told her softly. " Katrina you are a remarkably special girl and you may not be here long but I assure you you'll enjoy your stay." She smiled he reminded her of Tony just older.

He smiled back and led her through one of the closest classrooms. There stood a woman with long white hair and hazel eyes. Her appearance was striking as she taught the packed classroom of mutants with different abilities. After a while of staring in awe at the others, they finally took recognition of the Professor and Katrina, having been so engrossed in whatever they were learning.

"ah Charles who might this be?" the white haired woman neared to them both.

he smiled and took Katrina's hand, allowing her to come forward and let Storm see her. "This is our newest student, Katrina Stark." there were murmurs amongst the classmates as they heard the well known name Stark.

"hello how are you?" the nice woman asked Katrina, startling her at first but then she quickly responded. " I'm fine, My name is Katrina and 7 years old." she told the class making them chuckle at her cuteness.

"well then you can take a seat next to Bobby over there, don't worry he doesn't bite." Storm said pointing over to the young adult sitting in the middle of

"Mrs, actually i can frost bite." the rest of the class chuckled at his inside joke leaving Katrina awkwardly staring around. "c'mere kid." Bobby invited her over to the seat next to him. She slowly drew near and sat. She smiled politely as he motioned for her to come closer. "Watch this." He whispered. He held his hand out as a little ice figure danced in the palm of his hand, delicately running over Katrina's palm as well, shocked at the touch she gasped in awe.

"Mutant and proud" he told her with a wink. She was unfamiliar with the term mutant and throughout the rest of the class she couldn't stop thinking about what it meant.

When class ended she made her way to Professor Xavier's office. The door was slightly ajar and she couldn't help but peer through the door. She recognized the young professor sitting at his desk conversing with Raven. They seemed to be arguing about something, though she didn't seem to recognize he tall man with the muttonchops and the quaffed hairstyle. He stood there with a frown and crossed arms over his chest. There was also a pretty woman standing particularly close to the Professor as the four conversed.

"Some believe that the first mutant was born thousands of years ago..." Katrina listen to the hushed tone of the pretty woman.

"He was some kind of God." At that moment Katrina felt nauseous and lightheaded. Her thoughts became unclear and all that filled her mind were tiny glimpses of events. They weren't her own memories, they seemed as if they were someone else's thoughts, the sense of power kept radiating off of her mind as flashes kept appearing of a man with a scepter. A blue cube. And a man sitting on a throne. "You are all my children and you are lost because you all follow blind leaders."

Suddenly the vision became a blur and soon enough she realized the door was wide open as the four stood in shock at her. Charles looked at the pretty woman and nodded. "Moira get Hank, tell him to prepare Cerebro."

For those of you that aren't aware the Cerebro is the room where Charles reads minds, hint hint . Anyways sorry for the short chapter, I had actually written this a while ago but didn't finish it. Hopefully school will get easier and I can possibly update more often and have longer chapters.
Xoxo- Elle