Chapter 6: In Love With Her?

A picture of Alessandro ^^
Jane's POV

I woke up the following morning with a slight headache from my crying episode last night. I couldn't sleep either. My entire night was spent of tossing and turning. Getting hot and throwing the covers off of me then getting cold soon after.

After freshening up for the day, I made my way to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Good morning, Mia cara." Marco greeted once I walked in.

"Morning." I greeted back groggily.

Marco set a plate in front of me and I began to dig in.

After breakfast I made my way to Enzo's room to clean it. It was already spotless so I didn't have much to do, just make the bed and put new towels in to bathroom.
Next destination was his office.

Dear god.

Enzo terrified me to the bone, but I couldn't help this weird feeling in my stomach, this warmth that consumed  my body, or the blush that owned my cheeks. I shouldn't be feeling these things for him. He is a criminal. A killer.
I shouldn't be attracted to him.
I won't let him into my head.

With that thought in my mind, I raised a confident hand to knock on his door and waited for permission to enter but it never came. I knocked again.
Nothing.

I guess he's not here.

I slowly opened the door and peeked inside and to confirm my guess, there was no one in the room. I let out a breathe of relief and stepped inside beginning to clean.

About an hour later I was finished. I grabbed the cleaning supplies and put them all in the basket. It was pretty heavy and I was having a hard time carrying it. As I was walking out the door Enzo came out of no where and we collided into each other, all of cleaning supplies to go flying everywhere and me falling straight on my bottom.

I hiss in pain as I look at an angry Enzo. "  What the hell! Watch where your fu-"  he stopped mid death sentence when he finally looked at me and his eyes widened, then he quickly came down to help me up.

"Are you alright?" He asked me softly as he held my waist so I don't fall again.
I timidly looked up at him. Big mistake.

His worry filled brown eyes searched my body for any injuries and when they found none, his eyes met mine for a while before they landed on my lips. I could feel him leaning in closer.

My body was yearning for him to kiss me again but my head was telling me not to let him. That he will only yell at me like last time.

Don't let him get your head.

My mind screamed at me but I wasn't listening. We were barely an inch apart when a cough was heard behind us. We both pulled apart instantly and looked at who saved us from what was about to happen. There stood a Greek god of a man with brown hair and a boyish grin.

"You must be Jane, the that Enzo is madly in love with. I'm Alessandro, Enzo's best friend." He smirked at Enzo and held his hand out to me.

What!?

In love with?

That's not possible.

I am so confused.

"N- nice to meet you." I shook his hand.

"Cazzo! Ti ucciderò cazzo!" Enzo barked, glaring at Alessandro then looked at me. " He's lying, don't listen to him. I don't love you." He continued to throw daggers at Alessandro.

I felt like a bullet went straight through my heart. But why? I mean I haven't known Enzo that long and I'm only his maid, why should I expect him to even like me?

"Because you love him" My mind told me.

That's ridiculous! I can't love him. He kidnaped me, threatened to kill me, yelled at me for something he did! He's a murderer. I couldn't even remotely like him, so how could I I love him?

"Oh, umm okay. I should uh get back to work." I mumbled and basically ran out the door.

I ran into Giulia on my way to the kitchen. " Ciao Jane, is everything alright?" She asked

" Oh, umm yes. Everything is fine."

"Okay. Could you help me set the table for lunch, please?"

"Of course." And off to work we went.

Enzo's POV

"What the fuck is wrong with you!" I shouted at Alessandro once Jane was out of hearing distance.

"I'm just 'helping a brother out'." I looked at him like he was insane. Because he is.

" I am not in love with her!" I corrected. " I can't even stand to be around her."

" Sure, okay. You can't stand to be around her so you kiss her? That makes perfect sense." He snickered.

" I wasn't going to kiss her." I lied. Of course I was going to kiss her, how could one resist such soft pink lips, the intoxicating smell of vanilla that radiates off of her, and those big blue eyes that look deep within your soul and make you pour out your deepest thoughts and emotions without realizing it.

"Sure you weren't. You were just holding her waist in a friendly manner while rudely invading her personal space and staring into her eyes with so much hatred." His words were laced with sarcasm. I rolled my eyes.

"You're a fool, my friend. If you don't claim her yours... someone else will." He warned

"Who the fuck is going to take her?" I don't know why but the mere thought of Jane being in another mans arms made my blood boil.

Alessandro shrugged, "Anyone could. She is a beautiful woman, anyone with a penis would love to have her."

I don't love her so it shouldn't matter to me if she is with someone else. Yes, I'm sure she's fun and is a goddess in bed, being with her would be no different from any of my past relationships. No! I cannot use her for sex. That's wrong!

Ugh! She's changing me and I don't like it. I need a distraction.

"She can be with anyone she wants, I don't care." I grumbled.

"You're going to eat your words one day." He pointed out. " well if you'll excuse me, I have a date." He said as he got up and left.

All this talk about Jane being with another man gave me an idea.

Jane's POV

Once Giulia and I were done setting the table, Matteo came and brought some flowers to place on the table and turned to me and gave me another bouquet of peonies.
"Jane? Uh would you...Would you like to uh... maybe... hang out tomorrow night in the garden... together?" He sputtered, scratching the back of his neck.

I smiled. "Like a date?"

"Whatever you want it to be." He smiled.

"I'd love to!"  I exclaimed.

"Great! I'll meet you down here tomorrow at 7:00?" I nodded.
"Goodnight, Jane." He gave me a warm smile which I returned, telling him goodnight as well.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Once I introduce all the characters, I'll post a chapter that lists all the cast and character's descriptions.
Don't forget to vote! Thank you, love you!