Chapter 5: Guilt

Jane's POV

What the heck just happened?

Why did he yell at me?

Was I that bad of a kisser? Did my breath stink?

So many questions racing through my brain as I run out of Enzo's office. How could I have been so careless as to allow him to rob me of my first kiss, like it were nothing?Things were moving so fast, I have only been here a little over a week and i'm already kiss my kidnapper/boss! What is wrong with me?

What do I do? I can"t be near him...but I have no choice, I am his personal maid now.

God. How did my life get to be like this?

I need to get out of here, I cant stay here, I have college to finish and parents who are probably worried sick about me.

Yet, I have this feeling, its buried deep within but its there. I have this feeling that i'm safe here, like I belong here. It feels almost like home. My head says its wise to leave but my body and heart say to stay. I should say 'making me'.

Why should I stay? I do not belong here. I belong with my family in New York.

I can deny my temptations to remain in this place, but one thing I cannot deny is the state that Enzo's kiss left my body, soul and mind in.

Electrified.

Shocked.

Possessed.

I felt everything.

~Flashback~

After putting the books in my hand neatly on the bookshelf I turned around to come face to face with Enzo. I let out a shocked gasp. I tried to back away but didn't get far before my back was pressed firm against the bookshelf.

My breathing intensified along wiht my heart beat.

What is he going to do?

He is so close I could see the storm of lust and something else i couldn't identify swirling around in his deep brown eyes as he stared at me for what felt like hours.

I was so nervous.

I licked my lips and bit them, a nervous habit of mine.

His eyes followed my movements and I could see them darken.

The next thing I know, his hands cup my cheeks and his lips slammed against mine.

WHAT!

I was so shocked I didn't know what to do, so I didn't think and kissed him back. I could feel him smile a little.

Feeling myself running out of oxygen, I pulled away gasping for air.

Oh my god! That was amazing! I forgot about everything around me, my mind went blank and it was just us. I felt on cloud nine.

But, of course, all good things come to an end.

I watched as Enzo's eyes turned red with anger. He screamed at me to leave. I was terrified by the volume of his voice and how much anger it held. I ran out of his office closing the door behind me.

Running up to my room, I rested against the door letting my mind process everything that just happened. I sighed, walking into the bathroom. Dried tears stained my cheeks. I don't know why I always cry when I get yelled at, I've done it ever since I was small. I hate crying but at the same time it feels nice to cry every know and then.

''I look horrible." I thought as I dragged my body to my bed where I locked myself away for the rest of the day.

Enzo's POV ( next morning)

Guilt.

That's all I felt after she left my office.

Why?

The fear in her big blue eyes had me feeling guilty for yelling at her, she did no wrong. It was I who kissed her. She could have stopped me. She should have. But she didn't, and I yelled at her for no reason.

I sat at my desk drowning myself in work , trying to get her off my mind. It worked for the most part, but as I retreated back to my bedroom that evening, I heard soft sniffles coming from her room.

That only increased my guilt by a ten fold.

Why do I feel guilty for yelling at her? I yell at women all the time, with no remorse. So why does she make me want to right my wrongs?

I seriously need to stay away from her. When she comes to clean my office today, I'll just leave so I don't have to see her.

God, I was acting like a child.

Running away from women.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when someone rudely opened the door without knocking and plopped down on the couch. Of course, only one person in the entire world would dare do that.

Alessandro Garcia.

My second in command, my brother. We've known each other since birth. Alessandro's father and my father were best friend in their youth, and still are very close. The Garcia's have always been fiercely loyal to my family. We share ownership of a few clubs and restaurants as well.

"You look like sh*t," Alessandro stated.

"Thanks, you too."

"What happened?" He raised a brow.

"Nothing." I replied quickly.

"Mhm," He stood, grabbing the bottle of whiskey and pouring himself a glass. " It's about that girl, isn't it?"

"What girl?"I asked, playing dumb.

Alessandro narrowed his eyes at me. " Enzo, any stupid person could see that she is all you've been thinking about. I mean, it's pretty obvious that she has an affect on you. I've notice that ever since you brought her here you've been unfocused and staring off into the distance." he noted.

"What are you doing here? don't you have women to f*ck?"

"Don't change the subject, Enzo. Why didn't you kill her? Why did you spare her? There's obviously something going on between you two." He nagged.

"There is nothing going on." I sighed. "I don't know why I didn't kill her, I just...I don't know." Again I am at loss for words.

" If there is nothing between you two, then you wouldn't mind if I made a move on her..." He smirked.

For some reason that sent me over the edge, I saw red and I could feel myself steaming. I was about to tell him off when..

"Relax, I'm joking. I wouldn't steal your woman." He laughed. I closed my mouth.

My woman?

"By the way, the reason i came was because my father wants to meet with you to discuss the new night clubs we are building." he walks out, leaving me to my thoughts again.

My woman.

"I like the sound of that." I mumbled wit a small smile.

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry for the wait, I had three completely different ways for this chapter to go but i didn't like any of them, so I just settled with this. I apologize if this is really cliché and it sucks, but i'm learning.

Again,your advice, opinions and recommendations are welcome.

Let me know what you think of 'Dangerous Love' so far.

Don't forget to like, comment and vote.

                   LOVE, WHALE_INSANITY ;D