Intentions #2

The last one is here.

I will begin by announcing the winner of the mini Contest (that everyone made so hard for me to choose ugh it took me longer than I imagined and every response was just really insightful)! While there is no right and wrong answer, I did feel that some interpretations were on a completely different level with how well-versed and panned out they were. There was depth in every response I've read and trust me, it was hard picking just one person in the end.

One user's responses stood out with their impressive, mature analysis and most importantly, in-depth explanation of their chosen descriptive word. They nailed every aspect of my writing and probably saw through my every intention with specific characters and their traits.

Here's to TheLostPancake

Do send me a private message or comment your desired chapter request here, whether it is Adventure's of Flight Crew or Flight School: Lore. Do give me specifics should you wish to see them (e.g. please let them cuddle more/please let them roll in grass). I am willing to write anything save complete no-no's like intercourse or fetishist plays hELLO Io is barely fifteen HAHAHA.

A big thank you to everyone who participated in the contest. Some of your responses inspired what I intend to address in this chapter of Intentions, and without further ado—let us begin.

*

Cuppie reads comments often enough to know where her stars get very very lost about what in skies is going on or what a character is trying to do. Yes! Reux is dead; he bit a cyanide pill placed at the back of his mouth where the molar is and everyone knows what a small amount of cyanide can do to the brain and the heart. I will now explain why and how this isn't necessarily suicide, how and why this end was necessarily written, the symbols and imageries of the previous chapter and how it ties everything together.

As much as it is gratifying when some of you stars get it at once, I am reluctant to leave those who need some help with the interpreting and understanding of the text. After all, the reason I write boils down to you, not me—not me writing what I want to write, but you coming to terms with your humanity.

Ink

I've always used this word to describe Reux's darkness. It is apart from Vaughn's—disorderly and chaotic, of inner turmoil. Reux's darkness is "pure" and "untainted" in its blindness. In fact, he is the "purest form of darkness", a harbour that is free of ships and does not allow one to dock. He has the full view of his horizon—where he wants to go and where he is going. This is why he cannot be stopped and cannot be reasoned with; simply because he doesn't allow reason to enter his frame of mind. It is also why he is unafraid of death.

Birds & Cages

This prevalent symbol's meaning changes in the previous chapter when we read about Reux's past and his ideologies. To Reux, birds were meant to be in cages. Should the birds not serve a purpose—to entertain human beings or to be eaten as food—then, they serve no purpose in being at all. In his world, birds are not meant to fly or be in the sky.

Birds (or the creatures) in our cages are known in this book to be the hearts of human beings. Bear this interpretation in mind and apply it to Reux's take on birds and where they were meant to be because they were beautiful only inside the cage. As he grows out of his childhood, he begins to see that human hearts too were meant to be caged because they, too, were beautiful things and for Reux, beautiful things MUST be caged and be perceived because otherwise, they will lose their purpose.