Carry on

Hello dear! ^^ Just here to share that Cuppie's gotten a job at a student care centre! *throws confetti into the air* I'm basically taking care of kids aged 7-10 after their elementary school hours every day. It's actually pretty tough, I must say /.\ I didn't expect it to be. Oh well, at least they don't pull my hair ;-;

The point is, I won't be able to juggle three books at once like I've been doing for the past couple of weeks.

The three books I've been constantly updating include: Beyond Love, Crash, and Flight School.

I'm going to keep updating Crash because I have about ten more chapters to go, whereas for Beyond Love and Flight School I kind of have 20-30 more and I'm in the midst of choosing which to drop.

I'm not exactly asking for your vote regarding which book I should drop for the moment, because I've already decided it, in all honesty.

I understand that while updating Beyond Love can get me 5k reads per day and 400 comments, Flight School only gets 100 reads for one update and barely 30 comments. I have very few precious readers for Flight School, and I treasure them a whole lot.

As the writer of these two series (the Baked series and Flight series), I know which book is better. Flight School is. It is the best series I have ever written and I daresay I will ever write. The amount of time I spend thinking and crafting every word is far beyond the time I spend thinking of how I should write romance.

If I could even give a rough estimate, I spend nearly four hours every day thinking about Flight School. Just thinking—not even writing. That's the amount of effort I spend on this book and those few readers who actually recognize my efforts can really see this. And they are really a mere few compared to the thousands who read my other romance genres.

Flight School is the most in-depth book I have written and will ever write because I've spent nearly 5 years crafting this entire world into what it is now.

And yet for some reason, the ones I spend less time on get more recognition and this has been prevailing for more than 2 years, ever since I started writing here on Wattpad.

I know that more people will be happy if I continue to write for Chip, Xander and Giselle.

I know that there are messages flooding my inbox asking for the next update of Beyond Love.

I know that people love Chip, Xander and Giselle because I love them too.

Every single time I write about Chip and Xander I somehow end up crying. Every single time I reread what I write I cry again as well (apart from frowning at my stupid grammatical errors every now and then ugh).

And yet why am I choosing Flight School over them?

I must say that I almost did the opposite. I almost told myself: hey, it's time to drop Flight School, you've been going at it for 2 years and no-one's reading it. No one's even telling you what they feel about it; there's like, barely 10 readers who read the DARN FRIGGING BOOK WHY THE HELL ARE YOU STILL WRITING IT WHEN NO ONE'S GOING TO READ?????

And I believe that's what a lot of writers on Wattpad have felt as well, and have given up along the way.

You see, Cuppie isn't all that fantastic. She fails a whole lot.

This is an example.

She thinks that she's written her best book and look what happened—no one else thinks so. Shouldn't it be time she gave up and spend more time on the things people are willing to read?

A whole lot of my readers come from the Baked series, and I understand that. I'd be disappointing so many people if I put the book on hiatus. In fact, I'd be killing myself as a writer. My reads would just be stagnant if I keep updating the things that no one reads.

Well the thing is—why am I even thinking about reads?

Do reads determine a writer? Or does a writer determine her reads?

Of course it doesn't matter whether or not I have 1 read or 1 million or 3 million—

I am still a writer.

It doesn't matter if no one ever reads my book

I

Will

Continue

To

Write.

That's it. That's all there is to it, really. And that is what it is for you too, my dear.

No matter what you are doing in your life, I say carry on.

Carry on even if you keep failing

Carry on even if no one sees your effort

Carry on even if it hurts—

Carry on.

You have to;

You have to. You have to carry on.

I'm sorry if this disappoints you in some way. One can never satisfy all people at once. I love Io, Luka, Pipa, Vaughn, Verity, Jiro, Slayne—I love them all too much to stop. Chip, Xander and Giselle will have to wait. For how long? I might not know. 2-3 months is a rough estimate, but I am never sure. I don't want to write half-hearted things just for reads and comments either. It's dumb. I'm going to give my all when I write and that includes my heart.

Press on, dear. Keep doing what you love, even if it hurts.

-Cuppiecake.

P.S, if you're reading this, it hopefully means that you read Flight School, and that already means a whole lot to me. I always think that there are less than 10 people reading this book because I only see 10 names. It makes me feel like they are reading it, so I guess I'm very grateful to these few, and I think you know as well. I often reply directly to your comments so I guess it's just a small matter to you but it's huge for me. I swear, I check this book more often than I check the Baked series. Every one of you ten matter so much to me, and you have no idea.

You have no idea.