Adventures of Flight Crew #2

A/N: Short chapter of fluff and ??? as promised!! Sorry I wasn't able to write plot this week, 'cuz I was busy with another series' update so here is Flight School's! :D enjoy. 

_____________________

Scariest of them All

"Ha-llow-een," mouthed the sparrow with fair difficulty, turning behind to peer up at his eagle friend. "What's that?"

He returned to squinting at the words pinned up on the notice board.

"Food," Luka confirmed after scanning the images of candy and pumpkins littered around the poster. "It's a type of food."

Io's lips formed an 'o', to which he nodded in agreement and suggested that they take note of the date just in case the school was giving out free Halloween.

"What do you think it tastes like?" The sparrow asked as they exited the main building together and made their way towards the predator's common room. The plan was to complete their respective assignments by dinner, but with Halloween on their minds and hunger in their tummies, the author of this novel would be inclined to believe the task quite impossible.

"Sweet."

"Me too," piped the smaller one, unable to get the image of a pumpkin out of his mind. Pumpkins were tasty. "I wonder what the main ingredients of Halloween are."

It was at this timely moment that the pair spotted a bitter vulture coming their way, and almost at once, a similar idea popped into their heads.

"Let's ask Vaughn."

*

Dmitri was having a hard time making up his mind. As usual.

"Luci," the falcon caught up with his harpy friend. "You going to the Halloween party on Tuesday?"

She turned to him with a skilful raise of her brow. "Why?"

"Dammit, I need costume ideas," the teen heaved a sigh, trudging alongside Lucienne who seemed to be heading to the predator's common room as well. "Got any?"

She paused to consider his question, giving the impression that she was deep in thought. It was the only way to make Dmitri wait patiently. And quietly.

"What kind of look are you going for?"

"Something hilarious. I went as a potato last year and everyone loved it."

The falcon was exaggerating. In fact, not a single person at the party could recognize what, exactly, Dmitri had turned up as at last year's Halloween party; merely complimenting its supposed brilliance because he looked absolutely dreadful in it. Lucienne resisted the urge to roll her eyes but was unable to stop a smile from surfacing—one that spoke for itself. Ohmygod this idiot.

"Really? Then you should go as Dmitri Ford," the harpy eagle sighed. "He's the biggest joke I've ever seen."

"Holy shit, you're a genius Luci I love y—" It dawned upon him. "Oh."

_______________________