Comfort Edge

A/N: Hi guys! :D I''ll probably get back to updating every Friday/Thursday (depending where you are) very soon since I'm starting to get used to my college schedule (which is actually a MESS HAHAHA). Still, I'm not giving up on this because writing is really all that I have to reach out to you guys. 

Also, slight warning of fluff. This chapter has loads of it. Except when salty Vaughn comes in though, which makes things interesting anyway :> The build up for these chapters is going to be a little slow because I want to do a steady foundation before the next big installation of plot slams you in the face :> HUEHUEHUEHUE. Enjoy!

__________________________

He was flowing down the river, again.

The turn he made was slightly different this time and the boy found himself staring at a scene from above—as though he was in the sky and was watching something he knew she should not be seeing. He was watching himself.

The he in which he thought existed independently of himself (was that even possible to conceive?) was speaking to someone of a shape and the shape appeared like a cloudless shadow until it was first tall, and then formless again but for some odd reason, he recognized it.

He put a name to the form and suddenly it surfaced, clear as day.

Vaughn. Vaughn was speaking to him and then raising his voice the very next minute. How could he tell?

How did he know? And was he mad?

Vaughn was saying something in which he could not hear but it did not seem to be directed at the him—the other him that he was watching—but someone else. He did not register the identity of the other person but they seemed, somehow key to what he was about to find out.

Something serious. Something heavy and important, judging by the weight on his shoulders there were lifted by the current as soon as he felt its immense pressure.

He had been close to figuring out what it all was and what it all meant when he was back in the river.

Flowing up against the current.

__________________________

When Iolani Tori woke up from his dream, his arm was squished by something warm and unbelievably heavy and it kept the latter asleep despite the owner's fair awareness of his surroundings.

It took the boy a moment to recall his whereabouts and all that occurred the night before, albeit a rather strange and difficult thing to do given the awkward gap in his recollection. Probably the part where he fell asleep unintentionally, since his memory lacked the part where he got into the inflatable bed with his friend in the most terrible position he could imagine himself agreeing to.

"Luka?"

Io attempted to turn and face his friend who was holding him in his arms as though he was a bolster. His arm was numb from the pressure that the latter was unconsciously exerting even in his sleep, making Io wonder just how one could be strong without being awake.