Intentions #1

Back here, again.

Unlike the previous book however, this one requires the explanation to be split into two-considering the fact that I still have a couple of chapters till the end. Judging by the insane ride that the storyline has brought us along, who knows what might pop up near the end? ;)

I will be breaking down the second half of Flight School: Predator for you guys in this note, starting from every event that has led up to this point. Having explained Slayne's death however, I doubt it necessary to touch on that again (for fear that you Stars might start falling from the sky or it should rain Stardust very soon-stardust=tears of stars? I don't even).

As always, it's alright to skip this note! ^^ It's just an explanation of why I write what I write, and the ultimate intentions of the author independent of interpretations. Nevertheless, interpretations of your own is never 'right' or 'wrong'. Feel free to share your opinions with the community here! Hehe.

Let us begin.

Trolley

The lever does not function

The idea had been something radical-almost rule-breaking when the seed of it was first sown in my mind-and till now, I still think the same. I never intended to put Io in the most fearful, most cruel of all choices. The choice between living without someone so important and living knowing that you've abandoned your core values once; that one was, ultimately, a lie.

'Trolley' was a chapter I've established in the middle of writing the first book, at my study table, revising for my exams. The seed was incredibly dangerous. I could not uproot whatever that had grown inside, no matter how hard I tried.

Heart: No, no, no...you've made him suffer quite enough!

The mind of a writer: Not yet, sir! Not quite!! This would be the icing on the cake. It would be perfection.

The decision was made as soon as the idea had surfaced, despite it being the weed to the entire garden (the plot that I'd originally planned for), I cultivated the weed instead of removing it. Because of this, everything after that began to change and before I knew it, I was writing a story that was writing itself. The path that I'd decided to take was all of a sudden, dark and only dark.

And yet, because of Io, I suppose that is the purpose of it all. To be the light in the darkness, even if there is none.

First, the foreshadowing. I had to do it because Io was so sure of his values, so sure that his love for the people he considered 'significant' to be less than what he thought it was. Little did he know, love was the irrational. The disorder and chaos that could destroy one's humanity and morals.

Io rarely thinks about Love, in general. While he doesn't think that it's pure and idealistic like every fairy tale depicts, he doesn't know its ability to unravel the heart and lay it bare.

The foreshadowing was also important because learning about the concept in class is always insufficient. Do not think that knowledge comes in the form of words and concepts learnt blindly by the student; it should be both rationalized and experienced, taken into careful consideration. Is this knowledge? How did I come to know?