Monroe...

I burst through the door of the medical room panting with tears in the corner of my eyes.
My silver eyes instantly land on Monroe sitting on a hospital bed.
Her wound is wrapped in a fresh bandage and her hair is slightly frizzed. Her eyes look back at me in slight surprise before she smiles.
"Hey Raya, glad to see you're okay."
She says calmly causing tears to spill from my eyes. Relief fills my viens as I sigh walking over and giving her a bear hug.
"Careful, you're going to squeeze me to death!"
She breathes out and I let her go worried about her bullet wound.
"You okay?"
She asks looking up to meet my gaze and I frown.
"Me okay? What about you?! You got shot!"
I exclaim as irritation clouds my head. No one was supposed to get hurt. That is the only reason I let her come with.
"I'm good, what about you?"
She asks noticing the blood on my clothes.
"Fine, most of it's not mine anyway."
I shrug before crossing my arms over my chest.
"Why didn't you stay up on the second floor?"
"Some guy came up from behind me and knocked me down from the balcony."
Monroe mutters looking annoyed and I raise an eyebrow.
"Someone snuck up behind up? Never, you're too aware of your surroundings for that. You were probably just to worried about him."
I state gesturing to Asher who sits beside her. Luke and another doctor are also in the room, however I hadn't noticed them until now.
Monroe blushes before rolling her eyes.
"I can't believe I didn't see him! It's really annoying me."
She sighs and I smile as Luke speaks up.
"Well, it was your first gang fight."
"And her last."
I growl out sending a glare to Luke.
"And you, what did you think you were doing talking to me like that on the phone?"
I demand stomping over to him.
"I told him it was a bad idea."
Monroe remarks causing Luke to pout.
"Really Monroe? You couldn't take my side?"
"Nope."
I smirk as Luke's shoulders slump in defeat.
"Don't worry, we still love you."
Monroe and I say in unison.
"However...Monroe?"
I ask looking over my shoulder to meet her gaze as a plan forms in my head.
"Yes?"
"Wanna help me get back at him for that little prank call?"
"Of course."
She smiles mischeiviously and Luke groans.
"Oh no, this is going to be like the worms in the coffee all over again."
"But worse."
"Much, much worse."
Monroe and I state as Asher looks at Luke in slight pity.
"You're doomed."
"I know..."
We all laugh before Monroe speaks up.
"Have you told your friends yet? About what's going on?"
I frown glancing away.
"No, I haven't."
"You know you're going to have to tell them, right?"
Do I really have to?
"I think it's better if I don't."
I murmur taking a seat beside her bed on a small chair.
"And why's that?"
I don't want to.
I don't know how.
I can't.
"The less they know the better. They'll be safer if I just leave them out of this mess."
"Is that why you never told me you were in a gang?"
Monroe asks and I nod.
Yeah, that and the fact it's technically against the rules to let outsiders know. My dad is very strict over that rule, always has been. I think he only let it slide this time because of circumstances.
"I wish you would have told me."
I look up to meet her gaze.
"Look what happened when you found out! You got mixed up in all of this and nearly died!"
"But I didny die and most of all no one else was hurt and I got to spend time with you and Luke again."
She answers causing me to frown.
I know she still hasn't forgiven me for not telling her about this gang stuff sooner...or at all. It makes it worse since she found it out herself rather then Luke and I explaining.
I sigh shaking my head.
This isn't going to work.
However it's not like I have much of a choice in the matter.
I don't think they'll leave if I don't explain.
I groan in annoyance before getting to my feet.
"You just worry about getting better. Once you're healed I'll have Luke drive you and Asher home."
Monroe nods in understanding as Asher takes hold of her hand.
Awe, I'm glad Monroe found a great guy. He would've been an even better guy if he had just kept her home where she wouldn't have gotten shot. Should've named her bulletproof instead. It worked on Asher, why wouldn't it work on her?
I glance at the door feeling slightly nervous. Should I really go and try to explain or stay here with Monroe?
"Go on Raya. By the time you get done debating they'll be old and gray."
Monroe remarks causing me to roll my eyes. Yeah, she's right.
I take a deep breath before leaving the medical room and heading to where the others are waiting.
This is going to be a long night.