.1.

"James?"
I whisper as I glance over to see my little brother sleeping peacefully in the seat next to me.
Awe...
His light brown hair is a mess, spiking up in all directions like a porcupine. His light gray eyes are shut closed and light snores escape his open mouth along with a bit of drool.
He must've been really tired...
"Come on, James, it's time to wake up."
I state as I gently shake his shoulder in an effort to wake him up.
Let's go! We don't have all day!
"Hmm?"
He groans sleepily as he opens his gray eyes to look up at me in confusion.
"Mmwhat?"
He mumbles causing a small smile to pull at my lips.
"We're here."
I answer causing his eyes to widen in excitement.
"Really?!"
James asks before pressing his face against the clear glass of the window.
"Really."
I answer with a small laugh as I follow his gaze to our new house.
The house is rather small with dark gray shingles, cream colored paint and a wrap around porch. Large windows allow us to see the curtains hung in front of each window to provide some privacy. There is a small yard covered in light green grass and a large oak tree near the edge of the sidewalk.
I just hope it's safe...
"Come on, James. Let's grab our bags and go check out the house?"
I suggest causing my little brother to nod in agreement before jumping out of the taxi.
I reach for the handle just as the door swings open to reveal Charles the taxi driver.
"Thank you, sir."
I nod in appreciation as I climb out of the car before pulling out my wallet from my purse.
"Of course, ma'am."
He nods respectfully as I pull out the money I owe before handing it over.
"James! Come grab your bags!"
I call out as Charles opens the trunk of the taxi to reveal our bags all stacked nice and neat.
"Here, let me help you with that, miss."
Charles says grabbing the heavy suitcase from my hands before carrying several bags to the porch.
James runs over with a bright smile on his face as I hand him the smaller-more lighter bags of the bunch.
"Here ya go."
I state and watch with a smile as he runs up to the porch.
I quickly grab the last of the bags before shifting the trunk of the taxi closed.
"Will that be all?"
Charles asks and I smile giving a small nod.
"Yes, thank you for your help, I really appreciate it."
I answer causing the man to smile.
"Not a problem, miss. You have a good day."
"You as well, sir."
I smile before making my way up to the small house.
I shuffle around through my purse before finally pulling out the key and unlocking the front door.
I swing open the door to reveal a large room packed with our furniture and cardboard boxes covered in words written in black marker.
"I guess the moving truck already arrived."
I remark as I set the bags down on the polished wooden floor.
I quickly close the door before locking any locks.
Always better to be safe.
The walls are painted a soft, pearly white and the floors are a nice polished wood.
Not bad...
I nod in approval as I make my way into what looks to be a small living room.
I think this place will look really good once it's finally cleaned and the furniture is added...
"Whoa!"
James exclaims from the other side of the house.
"James?!"
I call back with concern lacing my voice.
What is it?
"I call this room!"
James yells causing me to roll my eyes in response.
Of course he does....
I glance out the window just in time to see our taxi driver, Charles drive off.
Looks like it's just us now....
With a small sigh, I begin walking around the house to take in so the detail.
There are two bedrooms, a bathroom, a laundry area, living room, kitchen and dinning room along with plenty of closet space.
That's good.
Nothing looks like it needs repaired or anything....
I walk into my little brother's room to see that he is already reorganizing his room.
He must've been really excited to get away from everything...
"Need any help?"
I ask in amusement having watched him struggle to push the bed.
James glances up to meet my gaze before nodding in agreement.
"Yes, please!"
He grins causing me to smile.
"Alrighty, where do you want the bed?"
I ask causing James to point to the far corner of the room.
I quickly shove the bed against the wall, having to use quite a bit of strength to even get the wooden bed to budge.
Jeez, that was heavy!
I sigh having finally moved the bed to his desired location.
I quickly begin to organize his room by placing all his furniture, clothes and toys where they belong.
"Go on and get dressed for bed."
I state as I hand my little brother his Spiderman pajamas.
"But sis, I'm not tired."
He whines not wanting to go to bed quite yet.
I can't really blame him.
He slept like the whole way here and now he wants to explore.
"I'm tired!"
I remark in a joking manner as I tickle his ribs.
"Now get changed! We'll go exploring the town tomorrow, but for now you're gonna get some rest while I finish unpacking okay?"
I state causing him to frown in disapproval.
"Awe...okay."
He mumbles in defeat before changing into is pajamas and climbing onto his bed.
"I love you."
I smile as I tuck him into his Spiderman blankets.
"I love you too, sis."
He mumbles sleepily and I lean over to give him a quick hug and a kiss.
"Sleep tight, James."
I state before turning off the light and closing the door shut behind me.
Hopefully he'll get some sleep...
I quickly pull out my phone from my pocket before pressing the play button on my music.
I begin to quietly sing along to Angel With A Shotgun as I continue to clean and organize through the boxes. However, I do try to keep quiet so that James can sleep peacefully.

It takes a few hours until I'm finally finished cleaning and I glance at the clock to see that it is already four twenty-eight in the morning.
"You have gotta be kidding me."
I grumble in irritation while rubbing my eyes sleepily.
Jeez, there's just not enough hours in a day...
I frown letting a sleepy yawn escape my mouth as I turn off the lights.
Man, I'm tired...
I walk into my room which is right across from James's room before grabbing my pajamas.
My best friend thought it would be funny to get James and I matching pjs so my nightgown consists of an oversized Spiderman tanktop and matching shorts.
I quickly brush my long, chocolate brown hair before pulling it back into a braid.
I then plop down onto my bed and snuggle into the soft black blankets until eventually I drift off into a nightmare...