Boy From The Past

I stand up basically stomping to the door, on my way out I grab hold of the collar of Luke's shirt dragging him out behind me ignoring the teacher's protests.
I close the door behind me and drag Luke outside the back door before shoving him away.
"What are you doing here?!" I growl.
"Awe that's not how you treat your old friend." He mumbles in mock hurt with a bit of a deep southern accent.
"What are you doing here?" I demand again pinning him to the wall with my arm, our faces only inches apart.
"C-calm down S-Silver Eyes." He whispers trying to breathe and I back up before pacing back and forth.
"Blood Arrow's looking for you." Luke mutters watching me and I roll my eyes.
"Tell me something I don't know."
Man sometimes this boy can be such an idiot sometimes.
"Couple of his 'henchmen' are trying to track you."
"Obviously! And you probably lead them here!" I yell angrily.
"Don't worry, I took a train, private boat, hitch hiked and a plane to throw 'em off."
"If they find me I swear I'll-"
"Raya?" I turn to see Justin standing there looking at me with worry.
"Justin? Did the bell ring?" I try to hide my nervousness.
"Yeah, you okay?" He asks walking up next to me while sending a glare to Luke who's observing him. I nod my head feeling the tension in the air.
"Who are you?" Justin growls wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
"I'm Luke Perish, an old friend of Raya's."
"Didn't sound like you two are friends with your conversation a moment ago."
I feel my shoulders tense and my eyes widen.
How much did he hear?
"Eavesdropping isn't a good habit." Luke warns leaning against the wall, sadly I agree with him.
"Luke we'll finish this conversation later."
He frowns shaking his head 'no'.
"I think it's best we finish it now."
"I have class." I state in a voice that tells him it's not up for discussion.
Justin walks beside me back to class with Luke following as he grumbles under his breath.
"What's going on?" Justin whispers in my ear, I shiver and I shake my head.
My past is coming back and I don't think there's a way to stop it.

...Lunch Period...
I sit down at the table with a tray full of lasagna, garlic bread and a box milk.
Justin sits down beside me his body tense and his face in a look of annoyance, that's when Luke sits down in front of me.
"So I know this isn't a subject you'd want to talk about here, so how about you and I stop by Starbucks after school?" Luke asks and I shrug.
"Fine."
I look up just as James runs in with a big smile on his face, but he freezes when he sees Luke.
"L-Luke?" He asks with wide eyes.
"Hey kid, what've you been up to?" Luke asks and James hesitates walking up to me.
"Why are you here?" James asks confused.
"I'm just here to talk to your sister."
Yeah I'm sure, I roll my eyes.
James frowns as he sits on my lap and I know what he's thinking.
"It'll be okay." I whisper in his ear quietly.
"So James, did the flower work?" Justin asks with a small smirk and I raise an eyebrow confused.
"She liked it." James mumbles blushing as he slowly relaxes and I silently thank Justin for unconsciously helping.
"What'd she say?" Justin asks and I frown completely lost.
"She...k-kissed me on the c-cheek." He stutters.
Wait! What?!
I turn his face to look at me.
"Who kissed you?!" I ask slightly panicked.
"A-Avery."
...Oh...
"Awe." I smile relaxing at his adorableness.
That's a relief!
Nathan, Tyson, Jaecee, Saiylor and Jo sit down beside us with their trays of food.
"I see you've made plenty of friends." Luke says observing the table.
"I see you haven't changed a bit." I murmur and he smirks.
"Not at all, how about we hang out tomorrow night like old times."
"No, I'm good." I state knowingly and he frowns.
"But it'll be fun?"
"Not up for discussion." I warn.
"Hiya! I'm Jo, a friend of Raya's." Jo says introducing herself to Luke.
"And she's taken." Nathan warns wrapping his arm around her shoulders.
"Who said?" Jo asks raising an eyebrow.
"Me." Nathan warns and surprisingly Jo backs off with a blush.
"I'm Tyson, this is my girlfriend Jaecee, paranoid over there is Nathan, redhead is Jo, intimidating blonde is Saiylor, grouchy here is Justin, and you seem to already know Raya." Tyson states holding Jaecee's hand as she glares a look between happiness and annoyance on her face.
"Nice to know Raya's finally trusting some people. I've told her it's better to make friends instead of enemies, but she never seemed to listen."
"Enemies?" Justin glances at me with his eyes narrowed.
"Yep! This girl here could make forty enemies in a week if not mor-"
"Luke! Shut up!" I growl warningly and he raises his hands in surrender, suddenly Jo jumps up all excited.
"Guys! Guys! Guys! Guys!"
"What? What? What? What?" I ask raising an eyebrow.
"There's a haunted house in the city this weekend! We should all go and spend the night, it'll be fun!" Jo exclaims and Nathan smiles watching her.
"That sounds cool." Jaecee agrees.
Hmm...it does sound fun.
"Yeah, but we all need to get Halloween costumes first." Jo frowns looking up at the ceiling lost in thought.
"Great, shopping." I mutter sarcastically with a frown.
"Why don't we go shopping in Dallas tomorrow?" Saiylor suggests.
Everyone agrees to the costume trip and haunted house in a heartbeat.
"Just one problem...whose driving?"