Burn

I woke up with a jolt. My Heart was racing. I was sweaty. I was dreaming about the games and how my teammates kill me in my sleep. I put my hand through my hair. It was 7:00 am. I have to be in the hovercraft by 10. I found an outfit on my bed. I put it on. It was a White tank top with green Cargo Pants. I had a pair of Black Combat boots to match. I put my hair in a ponytail that stays in for a really long time. I walked to the kitchen.

Drew was Eating a plate loaded with food. Claire had a Waffle but she wasn't touching it. Cashmere and Gloss weren't here yet. I sat down next to Claire.

"Try to eat, We want to eat something so then we don't eat all of our food in one night." I whispered. She understood and started to eat her waffle. I grabbed some Waffles, Sausages, Bacon,Strawberries, an Apple, And Eggs. I took a large glass of Water as well. I started to eat. I ate all of the food I was full. But I was so used to eating large portions it didn't phase me at all.

A group of Peacekeepers lead me to this room. It had a table and a Tube. I just sat on the table.

A couple of Minutes later Victorie walked into the room. Her hair was now a spiky Bubblegum pink. Her outfit was like what I wore when I showed up at the parade.

She tackled me with a hug. She started to cry. She was mumbling "sorry" and "win for me." I guess she didn't know I could hear the last part because I said I'll win for her. She collected herself then Handed me a ring.

"It was recovered from your Mother." That was all she said. I looked at it. It was a gold Ring with a sideways 8 on it. I knew that sign.

"Infinity." I whispered. I put on the ring.

"15 seconds." The robotic voice said.

Victorie hugged me one more time then led me to the tube. She looked at me one more time. A Tear left my eye. Suddenly The door closed and I was shot up.

The sun hit my face. The Arena was a large Valley. It had a group of tree in one side. Mountains and hills on the other. The rest is Grasslands. I look forward and saw the Cornucopia right in the middle. Bags were spread out all over the place. I found two large ones near me. I also saw 5 Axes sitting in the middle of the bunch. I was the only one who used them.

I looked over and saw Chris and Clary. They saw me and We nodded. Claire was on the other side of me. She looked at me with so much fear it hurt. I smiled.

10......9.....8......7....6....5.....4.....3.....2....1....

I heard the bong and everyone ran off of the stands. I saw Claire running as fast as a cheers towards the trees. Chris following her. I ran towards the large Bags. I grabbed them and saw the axes. I argued with myself then grabbed them. A Spear flew past my head. I saw Drew looking at me. A glint of Evil in his eye. My mouth was open. Then a Tribute snuck up behind Drew. They Raised the knife. Drew saw me looking and saw the person. I took that chance and grabbed the axes and ran.

I was in the thick assortment of tree when I heard a branch snap. I looked up and saw Claire. I climbed up the tree. It was an Unnaturally large tree. Claire l led me to a hole in the tree. When we climbed in it was really dark. She Grabbed my Hand. She dragged to through this thing of Vines. It revealed a Beautiful place. Leaves where on the roof. Light streamed through. It was bright. You could see the Bloodbath below. It was the perfect camping spot. Chris and Clary were already there. I sat down next to them. Clary had a large cut on her cheek. Chris and Claire looked fine. I had a cut lip but that was it.

I gave Chris a Bag to look through. I opened mine. It pulled out a sleeping bag, a bag of Dried Beef, 4 apples, dried fruit, a water bottle, and one large knife for cutting and a slim one for throwing. Clary grabbed the large one. Claire took the small one. Protection.

Chris's held a Sleeping Bag, A Large box of Nuts, And a rope.

Clary's held More knives, Fruit, and A box of Matches.

Claire's held Rope, Water bottle, and a blanket.

We set up the camp. Me and Claire would share the sleeping bag, Clary gets the blanket and Chris gets the sleeping bag. The matches would be needed if we had to leave the tree.

I heard a Cannon Boom Signaling a Death. They continued. I counted 14 Booms. More than half dead. 10 of us Left.

Claire ate a piece if Dried fruit then curled up in the sleeping bag and fell asleep. Clary went to bed and Chris slept as well. I was first watch Just in case. The Capitols anthem played. I looked up in a space where leaves don't cover a part. It showed the faces of
Dead tributes.

The Girl from 3

4's gone

Boy from 5

6's gone

Girl from 7

8's gone

Girl from 9

10's gone

11's gone.

I sighed and Stayed up. I ate one piece of Fruit. I woke up Chris 2 hours later and crawled into the sleeping bag. Claire Snuggled up to me. I fell alsleep But,

All I could think is......

Claire has to win. She just has too.