11. Two weeks (Part 4)

Start from the beginning

“I haven’t brushed my teeth” is all I manage to say. Idiot. Harry laughs shaking his head and smiling down at me.

“I promise you, nothing happened. I wanted to fuck her and then I just … well couldn’t, and we couldn’t even understand each other, and I slept on the couch…I well … and you… um” he says mixing his words up. I believe him. I mean its not that he shouldn’t sleep with anyone its, just… argh.

“I believe you” I say looking up at him running my fingers through his hair. I think this is the first time I’ve been openly affectionate to him first. He looks just as surprised as I am right now.

“Thank you” he says in his husky morning voice. We look at each other for a moment before he kisses my cheek and wishes me a good day. Ending our moment. Maybe he’s over me -  yet he had me against the wall. Its becoming clear to me that we have most of our important conversations with me pinned against a wall. Classy. I brush it off and go have my morning shower before leaving for a stressful, time limited day.

My day dragged on slow but I’m actually excited for the show tonight, probably because it’s the last one before Harry and I leave to England. The flights’ right after the show so I make a note to do everything before hand. I walk to the dressing room thinking no one would be in there and I could have a peaceful conversation with my mum on face time. Wrong. Very wrong. Niall is waiting there for me, I assume.

“Kat, we need to talk - now. The boys are warming up and I said I needed to face time my Sarah so please just speak to me for a sec” he says sternly, I almost start to worry  that something’s wrong. I signal for him to talk as I sit on the table facing Niall.

“Well, I saw what happened on the plane with you and Harry, and I just want to say that… Well... I know” My heart drops into my stomach.

“I um” have been caught doing the wrong thing, BUSTED. My horrible subconscious adds.

“Look, I don’t want to be harsh, I honestly don’t. I just want to be your friend and I promise that if anything else happens, you CAN come to me and rely on me. Don’t feel alone in this, please”, not what I was expecting. How kind.

“Thank you Niall, I really do appreciate it” I say honestly jumping of the table to hug him.

“Its okay, just … I’ve been there. And I know what its like want something you cant have and then have to hide it” he says into my neck. I feel so comfortable with Niall that this doesn’t even seem off or out of the ordinary.

“What” I say confused.

“We can text about it later, Enjoy your time in England and all I can say is, don’t compromise something if its real. I can see the way you look at him is all I’m saying”, What. Does everyone else notice? How do I look at him! Niall notices that I’m freaking out and grabs both my shoulders, bending his knees to get to my height, “No body else notices. Just me, you mean a lot to Sarah and she means a lot to me, and she wanted me to look out for you because she can’t”. I nod and smile before Zayn walks in asking Niall to come as the show is starting. I mouth thank you before he leaves and he returns it with a cheeky wink. Ah Niall.

I’m so glad I have him; he’s much like Sarah, but… in a guy. I laugh to my self before dialing my mum. We speak briefly about how everything’s going well and she cuts the phone call short because she needs to run off to ride an another elephant or something. I end up calling Sarah however,  and talking to her about what Niall said and she agrees with him. She’ all “ I told you so”, I still don’t know what everyone’s so fussed about. I don’t have a thing for him, I don’t think I’m capable of love anymore. I’m not stupid enough to let myself into that again. Especially not with a client and Pop star who’s linked to various celebrities far more attractive than myself.

The show ends, and I don’t even notice as I’ve fallen asleep on one of the couches in the main dressing room, on the phone to Sarah. I feel a wetness on my face and realize Harry is putting his sweaty hand all over me to wake me up, how charming.

“EW! Oh my God harry!” I yell jumping from the couch. Everyone seems to be in the dressing room as, about fifteen people are now laughing at me. Fantastic.

“Relax, its just water” He says passing me a towel.

“Better be!” I say, wiping my face before giving into the prank and laughing.

Shit, we have to go if we want to catch the flight. All our bags for England are already in the car down stairs in the stadium parking lot, so all I need to do is get Harry in and out of the changing room shower within 20 minutes.

“Harry go shower we need to leave… well like now!” I say, pushing him toward the bathroom.

“Ok, no worries.” He says seriously, I can tell how much this means to him.

As he showers Niall briefly speaks to me again, reassuring me he was serious about not telling anyone and being there for me. We exchange numbers, and promise to stay in touch before saying our goodbyes. Harry ties the top of his wet hair in a pony tail and signals for us to leave. We say our goodbyes before sprinting to the car in a childish race. I won, of course.

“I let you win, missy” Harry laughs still puffing.

“Yeah sure you did buddy” I say sliding into the large, heavily tinted SUV. Harry sliding in after me.

“You’re excited, huh?” I say looking at a smiling Harry.

“Yeah, I’m glad you’re coming with me too. I need the support” Harry says, his smile dropping.

“Is something wrong?” I say, being awkwardly intrusive.

“Yeah, um. Last time I spoke to my step dad we had a bit of a fight. Oh shit! I forgot to get my mum something!” He says changing the subject.

“Well, I got her a care pack out of all this organic stuff, its like got body wash and moisturizer. Is that okay? I’m sure you being there will be enough for her” I say squeezing his wrist, making him look down at my hand, placing his own on top.

“I know. I just wish I could have gotten her something” he says looking out the window.

“Well, you still can, her birthday is technically in a day, so we can go buy her something in London if you want?” I say, intertwining our fingers in a beautiful mess.

“Yeah, let do that” he says smiling at me.

“You don’t know how much this means to me. You letting this happen and you being here” he says honestly.

“Shh. It’s not an issue, plus its kind of like a mini paid holiday for me” I say lighting up the mood.

He nods, still distracted by the thought of what’s to come. He seems very on edge but so happy at the same time. Harry is so complicated sometimes.

 We board the plane and Harry goes to sit in the window seat before offering it to me because it’s my first time in England. I wasn’t going to ask, but I’m so happy he offered. I fall asleep on his shoulder, the usual. Harry starts writing in his notebook, I would peak but it’s the first time I’ve felt sleepy all week so I end up falling into a deep sleep before being woken up by the intercom.

 “We are now about to land in London, please fasten all seatbelts…”, I don’t listen to the rest and jump to look out the window at a cloudy yet so beautiful England.

 Here we go. 

 AHH!!! i hope you enjoyed this one! please dont forget to VOTE!!! <3