Welcome Back Attitude (ch 22)

Okay... So hey readers, sorry for the really late update (three weeks), but I kind of stole my brother's laptop to rewrite the chapter.... Ha ha ha.... Just, enjoy the chapter.

-R

He stops for a moment, not looking at me, nor speaking to me. He seems as if he's out venturing through the past, and I find myself regretting my words. Is he going to start yelling at me?

I should have kept my mouth shut.

It is a known fact that whenever I try helping or comforting somebody, I make it a thousand of times worse. I think it's one of the reasons why everybody leaves me all the time.

I am snapped out of my self depressing thoughts when Jesse finally finds the strength to speak. "I'll be fine."

In all but a second, I am left alone in the car. Surprised.

I let out a long sigh and finally open the door, grabbing his arm to bring him the right way. From the way things were looking, he was heading towards the neighbors house, and not my own - Sorry, my old house.

If I was in a book right now, I bet that the author would make me fight the urge to laugh, but I'm not just some make believe character where every little problem of mine is going to magically disappear.

I won't have a loving mother and father who will welcome me back with open arms, I won't have James come and protect me from all that is bad, and I won't have Jesse begging on his knees for me.

Sometimes, I wish for a happy ending. On the outside, I am this rebellious bad girl with an attitude problem, but on the inside I'm just numb.

I'm weak. And it kills me.

I mentally pull myself out of my thoughts to avoid tripping as Jesse and I walk up the steps leading to the front door. I reach out my arm and press the doorbell, listening to the familiar sounds of annoying.

And welcome back attitude, I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

It doesn't take long before I see my moms' famous scowl plastered on her face.

In a way, it didn't surprise me. My mom was never a very caring mother.

I mean, I guess when we were little she would spend time with us, but... I don't know. I guess that I never felt like she actually wanted to be here. That was before James left. Before I thought James left.

"Hello Jessica." She says.

"Hello mother." I some-what growl.

"I suppose you and your boy toy are here to know why we did all that we did, am I wrong?" She taunts and I feel Jesse stiffen up beside me.

I only nod.

"Well then come in." She says while giving us space to enter into the household of doom.

I let Jesse go in first, only moving when he greets my father.

My dark eyebrow raises in suspicion. Was my father part of all of this?

I think back to all the times when my father would yell at me for being weak and useless, flinching as I remember the times he would raise his fist at me. I wouldn't be surprised is he was part of the gang, but something is telling me that I might be wrong.

I shake my head to get rid of the memories that keep on coming back to me from time to time. I can't believe how I am behaving, I shouldn't be acting like this.

I must prove my mother and father wrong, I am worth something. Something bigger than the gangs and the drugs, and the killing.

I will prove it, right after I fix this feud between gangs.