Daredevil in the Making.... (ch.3)

If you see weird things in this chapter, feel free to ignore it or laugh, just as long as you don't write comments saying that I'm crazy. I'm already perfectly aware of that....

-R

After I knocked the idiot out, I grabbed my smoothie that wasn't yet finished, and stormed out of the shop. Walking down ROBINSON STREET I start mumbling profanities under my breath probably making me look like I'm mental. Not that I give a crap of what they thought.

What the hell is that guy's problem? If he thinks that he say those things to me and get away with it with his head held high, then the he has another thing coming. I repeat, he better not think that he's going to get away with this! Fine punching him, and knocking him out, and throwing the smoothie on him, was a little violent and should be enough but I'm one of those people that holds a grudge (kind of).

I take my phone out of my pocket and look at the time only to see that it is 12 o'clock... lunch time for the students and teachers at my wonderful pavilion. I keep on walking up and down random streets only to find myself twice in one day in front of my dear, sweet high school.

I know what you must be thinking, she already ditched today, so why did she come back?

Well to answer your question, I have nothing better to do and school is about ten notches higher on my list than going home and fighting with my parents, so here I am.

I start walking towards the front doors of the school when suddenly I think; wouldn't it be funny if some weird kid came out of the school pretending to be Dracula, look up to the sky, and then say OWWW MY EYES! I'M MELTING? Sometimes, I surprise myself in the weirdest ways.

I find my friends sitting under a large tree eating burgers and fries, talking to each other about what happened in second period. Apparently, I missed Brian Weiner almost light up the school in Home Ed. I walk up to the tree and start climbing up to the highest branch; my not so secret hiding place.

"What the hell are you doing up there?" Brian yells as if this doesn't happen every other day.

"Yeah, we know you're badass and you want keep up your reputation, but you don't have to act like an idiot!" Chelsea shouts. A few people that also decided to eat lunch outside today look over at our tree to see what is happening. Why don't they mind their own business?

"Chill guys, she does this all the time. She knows what she's doing." Josh says laughing. At least somebody understands me... I'm glad we decided to be friends all those years ago when he stuck crazy glue on Mrs. Harsens chair. Good times.

I soon get bored of the three of them bickering underneath me and I start looking around the school grounds. Other than the four of us, there was only a dozen other kids out. Yup, let us not forget about a bunch of wooden picnic tables... And benches too. I think I saw a bird poop on one of the jock's jersey. Oh look, I see Jessie noticing there is poop on his jersey.... Wait, who? I glance back at the kid with pigeon poop on him. Maybe it's time for me to let go of the grudge I have held against pigeons for such a long time, they seem to be redeeming themselves after their mistake all those years ago.

I burst out laughing when I see Jesse frantically try to wipe the pigeon poop off of his jacket. I feel as if I'm one of the evil witches from the old Disney Princess movies I used to watch. I feel a smile grow on my face at the thought; I must look retarded right now.

Jesse looks around trying to find the person cackling at his misfortune but, I guess he wasn't born with enough brain cells, because not once did he think to look up. Poor kid... he looks like a six year old baby that got lost in the mall. I feel as if his bad luck brings much more happiness to my boring days slaving at school. Hold up, bad luck.... bad boy!

Ladies and gentleman please applaud the rebel child, she has just now figured out why the Ken doll is named "BAD BOY". Jesse is, in fact, a boy. He is also, in need of some good luck, meaning that he currently has a lot of bad luck. Put bad luck and boy together, and what do you get? Bad boy!

I really hope you have all gotten it by now because I have to admit, it took me a pretty long time to notice this.

DING DONG DING DONG (Bell ringing... A school's way to tell you to get your butts back into your cages you hormonal animals)

I jump down from my spot on the tree and onto the grass like a professional gymnast... I might have fallen on my ass once my feet touched the ground, but those are just minor details. So much for a bad ass, am I right? Am I right?

I know how some kids my age write in their diaries about what happened in class, who said what, and yada, yada, yada..... Let me get one thing strait, if something exciting happens in 72 year old Mr. Fortins class, I'll give you a call. Do we have a deal? Ok. Pleasure doing business with you.

The last bell finally rings and I am the first out the door. I place my books in my locker, thankfully without another encounter with Jesse, and leave the school grounds. I walk in the direction of the secret shed I stopped at this morning and quickly change into the dress I was wearing earlier. I can't go home looking like myself, I have to look like my mommy's picture perfect Barbie! I always have to remember, that I may only wearing the clothes that she approves of, that means no leather jackets, and no pants.

The walk home is long, but I spend the time listening to music from my phone, making sure that the volume is low enough so that I hear if a car is going to run over me. We wouldn't want that, now would we? When I get close enough to my house, I take out my ear buds and put my phone in the pocket of my bag.

When I step inside the house, the beautiful words coming from my mom's mouth surround me, "Je t' avais dit de me faxer les papiers la semaine passé espèce d'imbécile! Est-ce que tu comprends le francais ou non? Je veux le contrat sur mon bureau demain matin AVANT que j'arrive." (FRENCH- Basically my mom is saying that she wants the contract for tomorrow.)

"What are you wearing dumb girl? Are you trying to show the boys at school that you are easy? I bet you are. It doesn't matter though, no guy would ever want to date you, let alone look at you." my mom says with hatred gleaming in her eyes.

"Wow, that's rich coming from you, seeing as you were the one that bought this for me." I reply, walking away before I snap at her. I was not blessed with the virtue of patience, one little thing said or done can make me snap in a second.

"Where do you think you are going young lady? I wasn't done talking to you and go change, we have guests coming over later!" she yells. She always has to have the last word, I don't understand why though.

I stomp up the stairs and slam my door. That's really mature Jessica, but I never asked for anybody's opinion. I flop down on my bed and gather my thoughts. Did I hear mom right??? We have guests coming over? A smirk magically appears on my face and I start making plans, after all, I am a dare devil in the making.....

Another chapter over.... The song on the side is Mama- My Chemical Romance. I don't exactly know the reason I put the song there but anyways. Comment or vote if you feel like it.

-R