Just Wondering Chica (ch.8)

Unknown POV

She must not know why I left.

She must stay protected.

I'll save her.

I'll watch over her the way she did for me.

Jesse may not get his hands on her.

-----------

After Mason and I finished with our "antics" we walked inside the house to get cleaned up. Wow, I am really getting annoyed of always having to take a shower today. I think my fingers are starting to prune up. Yuck.

I guess over the years, Mason developed a perverted side because as soon as we entered the house he tells me that sharing is caring. Next thing I know, I'm being lifted onto his shoulders being taken somewhere. Somewhere that I later discover is the shower.

My mouth gapes as he starts undressing himself right in front of me and asks me to join him. Let's just say that Mason will now be dressed in the latest fashion; a big ol' bruise right around his eye. Little hottie isn't that appealing anymore is he? Ha! Sorry, maybe that’s a little overboard…

"Since you punched me and messed up god's gift from heaven, I will be taking the shower first. Not that you had a choice, but..." He stops talking when he notices me glare. Sheesh, I know I'm intimidating (for a girl), but I'm not Chucky... That doll gives me the creeps.

So Mason the boy, he no longer has the right to be called a man, took his shower for a good half hour. Yes, I understand people groaning in the audience, who takes a shower that long? I mean, I'm a girl and I take ten minutes tops. Maybe you take longer, and that's fine, but this isn't about your showering habits so I'll just get back to my life now...

Once Mason finally got out of his unbearably long shower, I jump right into the bathroom, so that he wouldn’t see me ogling over him. I thought I was a bad girl, way to keep it cool Jess.

I turn on the water and wait for it to get to the temperature that I want it at. I get in and close the sheet thingy; you don’t need to know the rest. I get out of the shower and change quickly into one of Mason’s t-shirts and sweatpants.

As soon as I am done with all the bathroom stuff, I walk into Mason’s room to start my investigation about his whereabouts for the last few years, but he is nowhere to be found. Little coward… He probably knew I was going to ask and ran away before I had the chance to.

I think about getting out of his room to go look for him, but stop myself for two reasons. 1) I don’t know my way around this place and 2) I am feeling way too lazy to get up and look for him. So instead, I look around his room, observing how he changed, until my eyes stumble across a picture. More specifically, a picture of Mason, me, and… James. I put the picture down as the urge to cry washes over me; it should have been me that day, now he’s gone. I don’t even know if he’s dead or alive.

I guess Mason got worried, that I hadn’t come and looked for him yet because the next thing I know, a pair of arms wrap around me. I turn around and hug him back, it hit him pretty hard too that day, the three of us were inseparable.

When James disappeared, things changed.

For one, my parents stopped being… Well, parents. My sister was too young at the time that she doesn’t even remember that we have an older brother. Mason left. And I became the bad girl.

I used to be such a carefree girl, just like any other thirteen year old. I didn’t have the weight of the world on my shoulders, pulling me down. I had a brother that protected me, and loved me more than anything, I had my parents that loved each one of my siblings and I equally, and I had the best friend in the world.

This may come as a surprise to you; I know I am shocked sometimes when I see myself in the mirror. I used to have this spark in my eyes, or at least that is what I used to hear from everybody.

I look at Mason and his eyes meet mine, he understands my pain. Even though he left all those years ago without a trace, he changed the same way that I did. His eyes don’t have the sparkle that I loved all those years ago, they are emotionless. He isn’t as soft anymore; he has walls the height of the Empire State Building.

He leans in towards my left ear and says, “Just curious Chica, but why are your eyes so emotionless? It’s not like he means anything to you. At least I had the decency to go looking for him.”

As soon as he says those words, images of me alone, spending endless nights on the streets looking for James run through my head. Nobody knows of those nights. Nobody.

I jump away from him as if he is on fire. I guess I was wrong saying that he understood my pain, not that it surprised me… I don’t think anybody understands.

 I get ready to leave, but before I do, I walk back so close to him, that we are almost pressed against each other. I look at his face and with fury,  I knee him in the balls.

“Don’t you even dare try to say anything about me? You left all these years ago without even the decency of telling me where you left! My brother disappeared and so did you. My parents started hating me and telling me that it should have been me! You know nothing!” I shout.

He reaches for me, trying to tug me down, but I quickly move away from him. Wow, even when he is gasping for breath, he still tries to fight. I glare at him.

We all know, I wouldn’t let him off that easy, right? So, I spit on him and walk out the door promising to myself that I will get my revenge.

Another chapter done. Please vote or comment below or above, depending on your device.

-R

P.S - I'm Not Your Barbieजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें