SNEAK PEEK FOR PULSE

HERE

Third Person
Rasmus sighed as he found the king asleep on his desk instead of in his bed.

This had been happening all week, and it showed Cody was ignoring him when Rasmus advised him to go to bed early, or even at all. Time and time again, he instead worked himself until he passed out, leaving the councilor to find them in the morning.

Gently shaking him, Cody sputtered as he woke up, shooting up in his seat. He blinked rapidly before rubbing his neck, groaning. Glancing over, he acknowledged his uncle‍. "Rasmus, hi." He gave a wave before letting himself settle.

Rasmus gave him a stern look, smoothing his feathers over. "I thought you were going to get some proper sleep." He scolded.

Cody stifled his groaning. "I was going to- I swear," His eyes moved down to his notes. "But there's been sightings of a blue haired man all over Atlantis, and I think Ace might be doing something."

Rasmus looked over the notes, raising an eyebrow. "And how long have you been sleeping?"

"Uhhh..." Cody flicked his phone on briefly, then winced at the time. "Five minutes apparently."

"Cody-!"

"I know!" The penguin lifted his hands up in a surrendering gesture. "I'll get some sleep now."

Rasmus smiled, satisfied before moving on to what he was planning on saying in the first place. "I'll be in the market all day if you need me. Since the truce, I've been meaning to speak with one of the Tide Changer's core members for a while." He huffed, smoothing his feathers out more to appear as professional as he could be. "Hopefully it'll go well, the Tide Changer's aren't exactly the most friendly people, nor the most polite."

Cody laughed, waving him off as the rooster left, then swiveled his chair towards the bed and fully planned on getting to sleep. However, he was rudely interrupted when his phone rang. Cody sighed a little, but picked it up and hoped it was just a sales call that he could just ignore. Seeing that he didn't recognize the number, he thought he struck gold and answered it.

"Listen, I-"

"Hello King." The voice stated. "Remember me?"

Cody went silent, trying to recall whose voice it was, but couldn't. It was familiar, but nothing came to mind. "No? Who is this?"

They paused. "You... You really don't know my voice at all?" They coughed awkwardly. "Oh, uh... It's Ace. You know, that one guy?"

It instantly clicked in his mind. "Oh! Sorry man, I-" Then he froze, the gears in his head beginning to turn to process it. "Oh. Ace. You're calling me? Since when do you have a phone? Or my number?"

"Not important right now, but it's not mine and I got it from others. I'm going to send you some coordinates, I suggest you meet me there, and don't come alone. Leave the armies, but bring the others. Come quickly, I'm not going to wait all day and not cooperating will cost you." He told him before hanging up.

Cody stayed in place before groaning. "No rest for the weary..." He mumbled before calling up his friends and new allies, telling them the coordinates when he got the message.

********************
IF THIS CHAPTER IS NOT OUT TOMORROW BY 11PM MY TIMR, SLAP ME

STRAIGHT UP SLAP ME

REACH YO HAND THROUGH THE SCREEN OR ACROSS THE SEAS AND FREAKING SLAP ME

HOPE YOU FOUND THIS GOOD. I AM TIRED. THIS IS TAKING LONG. COMMENTING IS GOOD AND ENCOURAGED SO DO. BYE

—JustAnAtlantisWriter