Born Again From The Flames- Next Gen

So I got inspired by this one song and created a One Shot to develop Phoenix more! If I put something in bold and Italics (Like this) on it's own, just know it's a song lyric

Third Person

"Hey! I said peanut butter AND THEN jelly! Not jelly first!"

"What's even the difference? They mash together anyways."

"WHAT'S THE-! You are an uncultured swine and should not be raising our child this way."

"I was a Dad first, I know what I'm doing!"

Phoenix snickered to himself as he listened into his two Dads bicker over making him a lunch. One of his favorite things to do was wait just outside the room making no noise, just so he could listen to the conversations that CannibalCrab and KrakenKid had. Their arguments were always petty and small, but hilarious to hear. Grudges from these never lasted over a day, and even if it did, they just acted like pouting children to each other, and Darrel would come and resolve it.

They always stopped their fighting as soon as Phoenix entered the room, so he had to wait until he was ready to interrupt to get his fill of it.

After the how to make a proper sandwich talk went on for a while, Phoenix finally slipped into the room and popped next to his Dads. He pulled his goggles up to his forehead, knowing KrakenKid always liked to look him in the eyes when they spoke.

As soon as they noticed his orange, spiky hair, all of the petty anger drained out of them and they both broke out into grins. KrakenKid quickly ruffled his hair affectionately, a giggle escaping Phoenix as he did. "Heya Kiddo. How's my favorite scientist?" Second later after the words left his mouth, panic flared in his yellow eyes and he quickly glanced around, hoping Harold wasn't around to hear him.

Phoenix couldn't stop smiling, but finally noticed a look for his other Dad, Cannibal. He quickly opened his arms up, knowing exactly what he wanted and soon was consumed by the bear hug the general gave him. Being several inches taller than him, Phoenix was smothered by the hug, but didn't mind it. He just really loved him, and had no other way of showing it, there was nothing wrong with that.

Pulling away, Cannibal was smiling from ear to ear and only let go of his sleeve a couple moments later. He perked up for a moment, seemingly remembering something, snatched up the lunch, and handed it over, bouncing on his feet. "Your lunch, just the way you like it and made properly." A small look was sent to KrakenKid as he said this, but otherwise he appeared as civil as possible.

"Thanks Dads." Phoenix told them both. Though he did want to spend more time with them, he had been working on a certain protect for a long time, and wasn't willing to give it up now. "I've got work to do so I'll see you two later!"

"Alright, just don't stay up too late this time!" KrakenKid called after him as he rushed down the stairs, lab coat fluttering behind him like a cape.

The crab gave him a joking nudge. "You're just mad he keeps drinking all of your coffee stash."

"I'm not-... Shut up." Cannibal earned a elbow in his side, but it was well worth it.

Hey young blood, doesn't it feel

-----------------------

Phoenix quickly placed the flask under the flame and watched as it changed from light orange to a fiery red in mere seconds. He expected to see bubbles, but moments passed, and the most he got was steam and a little smoke, but not a single bubble had appeared.

Perplexed, he quickly jotted it down in his notes, glancing up to check again but it proved to be unusual. Humming to himself, Phoenix plopped himself in the nearest swivel chair and pulled it close enough to see the process closely, but still a safe distance away. It had to bubble sometime... Right?