Chapter Twenty: New King

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah, I just carried the big statue of King Antonio that will be displayed later."

Hindi na nagulat si Raiden sa naging dahilan ni George, because it was his mystique. He has a human strength, kaya madali lang iyon para sakaniya.

"But I should be the one who is asking if you're okay. Lyon's favor for you is not a joke, it's a heavy one, Raiden. You'll lose everything after this. You have a choice to back out, but why didn't you?"

Nagulat nga talaga si George nang makita niya si Raiden na pumasok sa loob ng kaharian at sa pagkakataong iyon ay alam niya na pumayag ito sa naging alok ni Lyon at dahil na rin sa naging kautusan ni Lyon kanina.

"Well, Lyon needs me badly that's why I can't say no to him."

"Lyon is really thankful to have you as his best friend. We now need to go to the balcony, he is waiting for us there."

Tumango na lamang si Raiden kay George bilang sagot. They marched towards the highest floor of the castle where the huge balcony lies. Pagkarating nila roon, ay nakita nga nila si Lyon. He was still dressed in thick robe with scarf that is covering his neck.

"Prince Lyon, Raiden is here."

Napalingon si Lyon kay Raiden at hindi niya maiwasang matigilan nang makita niya na may mayroon na ring mga purple veins na nagpapakita sa kaniyang pisngi.

"We'll just do this fastly, so that we will able to do the coronation on this day."

He said seriously, Raiden and George just silently nodded as they walked towards him.

Lyon breathed heavily as he placed both of his hands on the side of his hips and he raised it a little. Then suddenly, thin purple lights in a form of veins were released in his hands, the purple lights were surrounded again with purple smoke like what happened earlier.

Tinitigan iyon ni Raiden at hindi niya mapigilang mamangha, it was his first time to see the dark mystique of Lyon.

But Lyon was feeling confident in using his mystique right now, compared years ago. It's like he already accepted his fate, and his mystique.

The light started to move, sinundan ni Raiden ang direksyon ng kapangyarihan na iyon at unti-unti itong bumaba sa kaharian and it slowly made its way to go outside of the palace.

Even if they can't watch it, the archimages immediately stopped from what they were doing when the purple light strikes their heads, and it was the moment that Lyon had already controlled their minds. After it, they just continued moving and working normally.

Pero habang pinagmamasdan iyon ni Raiden ay alam na niyang maraming tao ang mawawala sakaniya. His friends, Jackson, Aleah, Harem, Lorie, Trovis, Professor Benedict and most especially Elora. Masakit man para sakaniya pero tinaggap na niya ito.

The mystique spread its way up to the hidden place of the Artix World, to every kingdoms, and to every archimages. Truly, the Aether was indeed powerful.

After which, Lyon stopped from releasing his mystique to prepare himself for the coronation. The archimages who are inside the palace knows the situation of Lyon and they are prohibited to tell it to the others, and also for his plan on making Raiden the king outside.

Lyon just wore a simple king dress, it was just a golden suit with a red cape, his arms were covered with the golden suit and so as his neck with the help of the coat. It was just a simple coronation with simple designs in the palace. Wala naman kasing nga bisita. They just held a private coronation.

A royal march was played as Lyon walked towards the king's throne in the red carpet that they have prepared.

"This is such a very remarkable day for us as we named another king in our kingdom that will mark a great history for the next years.  A king that will be very considerate to his archimages, to his people and to his loved ones. A king that will continue the legacy that his father left before he died. A king that will be kind and brave. Our new leader, King Lyon Aberforth Hambridge!"

The royal guards and some of the archimages in the castle clapped their hands for Lyon as Barry put the crown's king above Lyon's head. It was a symbolic wedge-shaped crown with jewelries in every section of it but on the center lies the big ruby jewel.

Lyon held his breath as he felt the weight of the crown im his head. Bigla niya tuloy naalala ang kaniyang tatay. He is not even sure if he would really continue the legacy of his late father, because Lyon knows that his father is a greater king than him.

"Congratulations King Lyon." Barry whispered.

"Long live the king!
"Long live the king!"

They shouted as they bow in front of Lyon. When Lyon saw that, it really strikes him that he's now the king.

Actually, it was never his dream to be the king, he just wanted to have a normal life like the others, but he knows he can't do anything since he is already tied to his fate of becoming the king.

Nang matapos ang coronation ay agad na lumapit si Lyon kay Raiden at niyakap niya ito ng sobrang higpit.

"Thank you, Raiden. Thank you for helping me. I owe you a big one." Napangiti si Raiden at niyakap din niya pabalik si Lyon.

"Can I just go to my home one last time?"

Raiden asked when he broke the hug. Gusto lang niya kasing umuwi muna kahit ngayon lang dahil alam niya na mas madalas na siya sa palace kaysa bahay nila.

Lyon immediately nodded at him. Of course, it's his best friend kaya hindi niya ito pagbabawalan.

"Thanks Lyon."

But before leaving, Lyon advised Raiden to cover his face with cloth so that the people won't recognize him because he will go to his home. Raiden obliged it and covered his face with a red scarf. By this time, siya na kasi ang kinikilala ng mga archimages bilang hari.

Raiden was just silent at he went outside the palace. He's happy that he helped his best friend but he can't help but to feel empty, his mind was just filled with Elora. He wanted to fly in Curceo Kingdoms just to have a glimpse with her, kahit hindi na niya ito lapitan. He just missed her girl.

Mas tinakpan niya ang kaniyang mukha para hindi siya mamukhaan ng mga archimages, mas lalo na at hindi siya nakapangbihis bilang hari.

"Raiden,"

Pero bigla siyang napatigil nang may biglang tumawag sakanya. He slowly raised his head and his eyes widened when he saw Elora standing right in front of hee. He blinked twice just to check if he's just hallucinating or not. But it's real.

Elora slowly marched towards Raiden and hugged him tightly. Hindi naman makapaniwala si Raiden  na nayayakap niya ngayon si Elora pero nagtataka pa rin siya kung bakit nakikilala pa rin siya ni Elora bilang Raiden. Kaya humiwalay si Raiden sa pagkakayakap para itanong ito sakaniya.

"How? Why do you recognize me?"

"I should be the one who is asking. What is happening? Kanina kasi, as I traveled here,  I noticed purple lights strike on every archimages. They didn't die or groaned in pain nang natamaan sila, but I noticed that it is a mystique that is used in controlling minds. Of course, I wasn't affected because I'm a mind controller too. But can I know what is happening?"

Napalunok si Raiden nang marinig niya iyon kay Elora. But he was actually happy deep inside because Elora can still recognize him as Raiden. He didn't think twice anymore, sinabi na niya kay Elora ang totoong nangyari at ang kaniyang kalagayan ngayon pati ang kay Lyon at sa mga magulang nito.

"Where is Lyon?"

"He's in the castle. He doesn't want to be seen."

Hindi rin makapaniwala si Elora sa mga narinig niya kay Raiden. She suddenly felt sad for him, dahil naging magkaibigan din sila. She wanted to meet and talk to him because he knows that it was hard for Lyon, but she understands Lyon. Pero nalulungkot din siya para kay Raiden dahil pakiramdam niya ay siya ang naiipit sa sitwasyong ito. That's why she hugged Raiden again to comfort him.

"I'm just here, Raiden. I will never leave you again."

Elora whispered which made Raiden to smile and it feels like the disappeared.

"You're going to stay?"

Tumango si Elora habang nakangiti kahit hindi iyon nakikita ni Raiden.

"We are in this together."

-:-
Thank you for reading!

ecyela