Thirty-Three - Groupchat/Real Life

Songs performed at the concert

Troy (opening)
Ghost Boys - Cavetown
Ultimately - Khai Dreams
I like me better - Lauv (sung with Alec)
Billie Jean - Eden
Stomach - Crywolf ft. EDEN (sung with Scout)
The Water Fountain - Alec Benjamin 

Scout (main show)
Falling in love will kill you - Gerard Way and WrongChilde
Maps - The Front Bottoms
Green - Avonlea
Seventeen - Heathers (sung with Alec)
Never Enough - The Greatest Showman
Smother - Daughter
Stranger - Avonlea
Buzzcut Season - Lorde
Color your world - Avonlea
Party Tattoos - Dodie
Surprise Me - Avonlea
Chandelier - Sia
True Friend - Miley Cyrus (sung as a joke with Alec and Savana)
Dear God - Lawless ft. Sydney Wayse

Final Song/Encore  
Imagine Dragons Megamix - InanimateMashups on youtube (performed with the whole group)
Come on Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners (sperformed with the whole group)

sophiahaha
So most of us are here. Where do we go?

james of the jungle
I'll be out in a second to grab you guys, hang tight

The group of friends milled around the back of the venue while they waited for James. They could hear the sounds of soundcheck and the dull chatter of the people in line on the other side of the building. 

"Hey!" a door shut and they all heard James call out for them. Turning, they all came to the realization that this was the first time they were seeing him in person. He had the same dark hair as both Sawyer and Peter, but light eyes like Scout. The similarity was difficult to place, but once you saw it, it was obvious the family shared looks. "She's doing soundcheck right now so you guys can hang in the back for a bit until more people start to show up," he led them inside. "Let's introduce ya' to the band shall we?" he stepped into another back room. The room was already filled with a couple of people casually talking. "Guys, meet these fancy folks. This is Troy, sound mixer and opening singer, he's got a damn good voice. This is Alec whom you already know, backup guitarist and Troy's grossly in love boyfriend. Sav, also known by you, the photographer for this whole show. Sawyer, you also know him, the bassist. And then you already know me as James and the lead guitarist. And this is Davey, he's the drummer," each of them all waved before going back to their conversation. Davey mindlessly tapped out a beat on the wall with his drumsticks and Finn noticed Sophia watching the boy for longer than the others. 

"Hey Soph, don't be creepy," Finn joked, Sophia rolled her eyes.

"You're not even allowed to say that to me after all the gross flirting I had to witness between you and Scout,"

"Speaking of my lovely sister! They're letting people in so we gotta go before she heads back here," both Sawyer and James ushered the group out and towards the back of the small venue.

~~~

Troy sang four songs before Scout came up on stage to sing a duet with him. Finn's heart almost stopped in his chest when he saw her. It had only been around two months since he saw her, but it felt like she'd changed since then for some reason. He had watched the videos and seen the pictures she took during the tour, she seemed so happy and alive the whole time. 

Finally, it came Scout's turn to have the stage to herself. Up on the screen behind her they projected a picture of a mockingbird with her name. It was fairly clever.

"Hey guys! So I sang all originals on tour, but I decided that tonight was just gonna be songs I like. A few of them are my own, but the rest of them are songs I adore. I hope you enjoy!" she launched into singing and once more Finn felt his heart flutter. He'd never actually heard Scout sing in person before. Yeah, he'd seen her videos and she used to sing for him when they facetimed, but he'd never heard it in an environment like this. Some people sang along but some others just watched and danced around. She looked so in her element. 

"You look pretty smitten Finn," Sadie commented, having leaned a bit closer to Finn so he could hear her. "Also scared out of your mind,"

"I am scared outta my mind," 

Sadie rested a comforting hand on his shoulder and smiled. "If you two really do love each other, you can fix this. Just don't be dumb,"

~~~

She saw him, Scout glanced out at the crowd and saw Finn and he knew it. They made eye contact for what felt like an eternity until she looked away. They had been on the last song of her set, but as soon as she had finished, all the others came up on stage and began to perform a mash up of different songs. And then after that they all sang Come On Eileen, and then it was over. Finn felt numb as he watched all the concert goers file out the doors until it was just him and his friends left. 

A shoulder on his hand pulled him from his trance. Turning, he saw Scout standing right next to him, her bottom lip caught between her teeth. "Hey, can we talk?" she asked softly.

"Last time you said that we didn't talk for two months," Finn shot back, internally cringing at the harshness in his voice. "But yeah, sure."

The two walked towards a back area where it was quiet and without anyone else intruding. 

"I'm sorry,"

"I'm sorry," both of them burst out at the same time. Scout laughed softly and ran a hand over her hair, making sure not to get her fingers trapped in the curls. 

"I'm just scared," she finally spoke again.

"What?"

"You know I've never really liked a guy before? Well Davey once when I was like six, but he was eight and just kinda grew to be my big brother? I don't know, I've just never gone on dates or held hands or gotten even close to kissing a guy other than on a dare. And even then I didn't feel anything because I didn't feel anything for them you know? I'm just scared of messing it up and being weird I guess? I know I'm obnoxious and weird and I focus too much on my family and work but it's all I ever known and-"

"Can I kiss you?" Finn cut in, looking oddly serious for the first time in a while.

"What?"

"Can I kiss you?"

A slow nod from Scout had him moving forward slowly as he cupped her face in his hands, pressing a soft kiss to her pink lips. He pulled away and their eyes met, silence was between them before Scout pushed forward again and wrapped her arms around his neck, his hands sliding to her waist as they kissed once more. 

"Scout," Finn began once they finally pulled away from each other.

"Yeah?"

"I think I love you,"

"I think I love you too,"

My dudes this is the longest chapter I've written, over 1,100 words. That's wild! Anyways I'm kinda splitting this into two chapters as to not bore everyone to death. So yeah, here's part one-ish. Thanks!

~Anna