Kakashi's eyes widen. Merged the kekkei genkai together? That sounds pretty intense.

"Tell me more! And who's the girl? Do I know her?" Naruto urged, now completely immersed in the story.

Yamato sighs "The girl is Haru. And her jutsu was called the blooming crystal technique, it was a massive jutsu in proportion to most other jutsu." Yamato reveals, noticing the taken aback look on Naruto's face. "H-Haru's jutsu?"

Yamato sighs and scratches the back of his neck "Yes, when Haru was taught Senjutsu then she finally managed to perfect that jutsu. It's a shame that's all been reversed now." Yamato says, looking down at the ground.

Word had spread quickly when the retrieval unit returned from their voyage to find Haru. They had narrowly and luckily escaped Shinji's wrath as they managed to flee the scene. They all also quickly came to the conclusion that Haru couldn't use her chakra.

Once they reported this to lady Tsunade, the hokage went off to explain her situation with Haru when she didn't know that the teenager was an akatsuki member. All the ninja were shocked, Haru lost her chakra? The girl who conquered Senjutsu at the young age of fifteen? The girl who was considered one of the most advanced and highly sought after in the ninja world?

She was now. . . nothing?

Kakashi also sighed "We'll talk about that another day, Naruto we should start your training now."

The blonde boy who looked lost in his thoughts at the mention of Haru's name snapped his gaze up and to the two sensei. "Just how strong was Haru? Before the chakra thing happened?"

Kakashi arches a brow "She was probably the strongest in her age group. In reality she surpassed all of you by far a long time ago."

••In the akatsuki base••

"I can't even land a punch on your arm!" I whine, dropping to the ground and laying on my back.

"You need to be much faster than that with the weights on Haru." Pein-sama stoically scolds as I get up from the floor. Training with him in terms of ninjutsu and genjutsu isn't that bad. I could keep up with him well enough if I try my hardest in those areas.

But taijutsu. . . Damn Taijutsu. To most peoples standards I'm not by any means bad at Taijutsu, but to Pein I'm terrible. And since my chakra is zero to none right now he has had me training days and nights ever since I woke up. I currently have permanent weights strapped around my legs and they've been killing me.

I run a hand through my hair and sigh. "If I take off these weights then I'd be a lot faster!" I retort before shaking off my legs a bit.

My calves, they burn! Just today I've been sparring with pein in taijutsu matches for at least five hours. And I've won once by default because he got frustrated and quit in one match.

It's been exactly one month since I woke up from the confrontation with leaf ninja. One month since I've been wearing these stupid weights, and exactly one month since Itachi and I have become cool again! After the night where I found him coughing up blood I've pledged to myself to not only help Shinji, but to also help Itachi. I'm well aware of his actions that one fateful night many years ago, but I refuse to believe that the massacre was to gain power. Itachi and I haven't spoken about this but it's just a gut feeling.

To be quite honest I have a bad feeling about the future, Sasuke is hell bent on killing Itachi. But he doesn't know that Itachi is sick! And that boy is too stubborn to listen to me when I say that maybe Itachi wasn't the main culprit. Then there's Shinji who's still unconscious, he also worries me a ton It definitely looks like Karasu did a number on him. But on the bright side, he looks a lot more alive and Konan said that he'd be waking up any day now.