Chapter 50: R&R (With a Lemon!)

Lena POV
It's been a few months since that big fight we had. Rebuilding of New York and the Overwatch base has been going on for a little while, and we can only hope that there would not need to be any more rebuilding anytime soon. (Y/n) and I have helped a bit with the rebuilding of the base and New York, but Jack said we should just head home and relax. He said we need the time for some R&R, especially with our daughter.

(D/n) is two years old now, and her vocabulary is growing, along with her. Our little girl is growing before our eyes so quickly. A couple nights ago she actually managed to climb out of her crib and went to (y/n)'s bedside. I remember because he woke me up with his thrashing. I was just sleeping soundly, then I felt a hard kick and movement with (y/n) saying "Holy cra-! oh. It's just you (d/n). Hello there." Followed by (d/n)'s giggling and her cute smile.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I thought I felt someone close to me like we may have been being robbed and when I woke up I had this child staring directly at me smiling." He said.

"What are you doing out of bed, (d/n)? Did you climb out?"

"Yes." (D/n) said and giggled.

"Spider-kid. Spider-kid. Does whatever a Spider-kid does." (Y/n) said.

I laugh and get out of bed. I blinked over and picked her up. "Come on. Let's bring you back to your crib."

However, as I was walking, (d/n) said "No."

"No? You don't want to go back to your crib?"

"No."

"Where are you going to sleep then?"

"Mommy and daddy."

"You wanna sleep in bed with mommy and daddy?" (D/n) nods her head. "Alright. Tonight you'll sleep with us."

I was reflecting on this before (y/n) stopped me from zoning out. By poking me with his fork. I had forgotten we were eating breakfast in front of the TV.

"Where are you Lena?" He asks.

I look around jokingly. "I'm here being stabbed with a fork." I say.

"So you weren't zoning out or anything."

"No. Keep talking. What you were talking about was... interesting."

"Really? What exactly did I say?"

Crap. He got me. Quick Lena. Think of something.

"Well, you were talking about... Overwatch? And the rebuilding of it?"

He's silent for a few seconds, trying to contain his laughter, but he can't. "Amazing. Everything word of what you just said was wrong."

"Screw you!"

"When and where?"

"Oh hush up!" We share a laugh. "Alright. What was it?"

"I asked if you knew how Emily was doing."

"Oh. She's doing fine. Last time she spoke to me she was in Nepal trying to find a way to redeem herself for her past actions."

"Hopefully she gets some enlightenment there."

"Zenyatta is trying to help with it. We'll see what happens next."

"So, and I'm surprised I never asked this, but how did you come out to your dad and grandparents?"

"Let's see. I think I was sixteen at the time. I had started being attracted to other girls when I was fourteen, but I was still into a few guys. I was mostly into girls, though."