Chapter 5: Gibraltar

You land by Winston's lab and see the friendly gorilla standing there, waving at you guys. You all get out of the car and Daisy autopilots it to the garage.

"He's been here this entire time?" Tracer asks

"Yeah. When you're a talking gorilla, where else can you go?" You retort.

"Fair enough. But why did you keep contact with him and not me? We were partners."

"Who else coulda created Daisy or modify the slipstream technology to work? Look, I know we were partners in Overwatch, but -"

Winston interrupted your discussion "Hi there, (y/n) and Krista. And hello Lena. It's been too long."

"It has, big guy." Lena said as she blinked to him and gave him a hug.

"Welcome back, (y/n) and Krista. Pardon the mess. I just sent the recall and I haven't had time to clean any of this up. Krista, can you show Lena around? I need to see (y/n) in the garage."

"Sure thing Winston." Krista replied, "this place has changed a lot since you were back here" Krista then walks Tracer into the base and you and Winston head to the garage.

"You're lucky, Winston. You were greeted by her with a hug. I was met with two pistols to my face." You joke.

"Tell me about the trip when we get to the garage. I have something to show you."

Lena POV
I was hoping to tour with (y/n) because he has some explaining to do. He still hasn't told me why he left or anything, but maybe Krista could spill some information.

"So, you guys were here before?" I ask

"Yep. Quite a few times. Usually they're just stops for about a day. Last time we were here was a couple months ago actually. (Y/n) wanted Winston to install that bubble thing you were in back in Kings Row. Down here's the mess hall, but most of the rooms have their own little kitchens now thanks to Winston. He's been preparing for this recall thing for a while."

"That's nice. Has anyone else been here?"

Krista thought for a moment. "I don't think so, least no one when we're here. Here's Winston's lab and on the left is the game room."

That's kind of nice to know that no one else has seen (y/n), because it means I wasn't the only one who couldn't talk to him.

"Down here we have the quarters. I'll show you yours." Krista leads me down this hallway where's there's doors with name tags on each one. Some names I recognize, like McCree's and Reinhardt's, but their's a couple of new ones, like one for somebody named Hana Song, for example. Eventually we get to mine, which is right next to (y/n)'s.

"Here we are! I'll let you get settled in. Winston wanted everyone to feel at home when they arrived, so there's some fresh clothes in the closet and some food in the fridge. The channel guide is in front of the TV and there's some books by the bed. If you need me, I'm down the hall to the left, across from Genji's room."

"Cool. Thanks, love" I entered the room and closed the door. I then took a shower and changed into an orange tank top and some shorts. I'd talk to (y/n) when he got back to find out why exactly he left Overwatch and, more importantly, me.

Your POV
"Here's the thing I wanted to show you." Winston says as he gives you a pen-shaped device. "When you push this button, time will be very slow for everyone else but you for a maximum of 10 seconds."

You look at the device with awe. You're about to test it, but Winston stops you. "It's not ready yet. I still have to test a few things with it."

"Cool. If that's it, I'll get going. I gotta settle in." You say as you turn and leave.

"Oh. (Y/n). Before you go, I need to tell you something." Winston says as he crawls(I think that's what gorillas do) to you.

"Yes, Caesar?" You would sometimes call Winston names after famous apes. Your favorites were Caesar and Donkey Kong.

"I think it's time you tell Lena why you left. The truth." Winston is looking at you directly saying this. "You should also tell her how you feel. You guys just met each other again. Don't miss this opportunity." Winston then goes out the back to his lab.

You stand there, thinking. Is it time to finally confess my love? Am I ready to tell Lena the real reason I left?

"Yes." you say to yourself as you walk to her room.
(A/n) Things are starting to form now. How do you think I am doing with this so far? Leave your feedback, if you can. Thanks :D