Chapter 30: A Day with (d/n)

Lena POV
It's been about four to five months since we've had (d/n), and it's been great. Whenever there was a mission, we'd alternate on who'd stay home with (d/n) if we could. Speaking of home, we still hadn't exactly figured out where we'd like to live, so we're just living at the New York base still.

Ana has been a great help for me. Since she was a mother before, she's been giving me tips on how to be a mother myself and has even babysat for us when (y/n) and I both have to go on a mission or we just want a night out. Hana has also given us some baby clothes from her sponsors, so of course they have that little bunny icon she has.

Today (y/n) was on a mission and I was home with (d/n). I decided to take her out for a walk in Central Park with a stroller. I put her in a pink jumper and a tiny jacket (it was cold) and she had on a little bunny hat. There also was a blanket in the stroller. I'd have to thank Mercy for that. I took a picture and sent it to (y/n). Hopefully he wasn't in combat yet and could check his phone.

As I was walking to Central Park, McCree and Krista spotted me and said they'd walk with me. It was actually sunny today, and Central Park is one of the places where you can actually see the sun while you're walking in Manhattan. Most of the time the buildings block it.

For the most part, (d/n) was asleep during the walk and it was just the three of us talking, but there were some moments when she was awake. One of those times was by the water where there were ducks both in the water and on shore. (D/n) seemed to like the ducks, because when one was close to us, she was laughing.

"You like the ducks (d/n)?" I say and go next to her. She continues to laugh at the duck, who quacks at us.

"Look at that. I guess the ducky likes you." Krista says to (d/n).

"Either that or he wants some of your bread on that sandwich." McCree says, pointing at my food.

I look at my sandwich and then back at the duck, who's eyeing it. I take off a little bit, and throw it to the duck. The duck goes to the bread and starts to eat it. (D/n) must be very happy, because she laughs at the duck waddling and quacking. I take a quick photo of the duck and (d/n) and send it to (y/n), saying "look who's made a friend!"

I get a text back from him, which must mean he's finished with the mission. It said "awww. Wish I was there. See you when you get back."

I put the phone away and tell Krista and McCree the news.

"I guess we should head back then." Krista says.

"Say goodbye to ducky (d/n)." I say and do a playful wave. The duck quacks and we start to leave. As we're leaving, (d/n) starts to cry.

"I guess she doesn't want to leave her new friend." McCree says.

I don't like seeing (d/n) cry, but we have to get home. Then I get an idea. I take off some more bread and throw it. The duck walks to the bread next to the stroller and (d/n) is happy again. We continue to walk and it seems that the duck wants to follow us, quacking along the way. It was cute to see the duck following the stroller and (d/n) smiling at it while we were walking.

Eventually, (d/n) started to take a nap and the duck wandered off to a bench where a human and omnic were throwing duck food. McCree and Krista said they were going to Rockefeller center and we said goodbye. I then walked back to base. When we get back to base, I head into our room, but (y/n) isn't there.

I take (d/n) out of the stroller and she starts to wake up. Her eyes don't really open, but her tiny, delicate hands start to move.