Chapter 14: True Love

You wake up in the morning and are greeted by the sun. This was different than the normal weather of fog in the morning for San Francisco. You also had a naked Lena in your arms. You started to reflect on what happened last night; the steak, the fight, the bridge where you proposed, and what happened here. You let out a happy sigh, which luckily didn't wake up your future wife. Unfortunately, you starting to try to get up did. She blinked her eyes a bit and then looked at you, smiling.

"Morning (y/n)."

"Morning Lena" you say and you two do a a quick kiss. "How'd you sleep?"

"Honestly I hadn't had that great of a sleep in a long time. Maybe it was because of no accelerator on me or maybe it was just being with you. How'd you sleep?"

"I slept great. Thanks for making last night so perfect."

"I should be thanking you, love. It was your idea to propose." She paused for a bit. "Just because I'm curious, I'm not saying I would say this, but what would've happened if I said no?"

You thought for a moment. "One of us would have gone off the bridge. I'm not sure which one, but one of us."

She laughed at this. Little did she know you weren't joking.

The two of you must've talked for about half an hour before you guys got up and got ready. You took a shower and got dressed. When you got out, you saw Lena looking sadly at her accelerator and then put it on.

"If only the plane didn't fail." She said

You went up and hugged her. "Listen, if the plane didn't fail, you wouldn't be my time-jumping-wonder-girl."

Lena smiled and put on the rest of her clothes. You were wearing your (f/c) jacket over a (favorite movie) T shirt with pants and Lena was wearing her flight jacket over a white T shirt and jeans. The two of you packed up and checked out of the hotel. Then you two went out for breakfast and Lena shopped around Union Square. You tagged along to make sure she didn't go overboard.

Lena POV
It's a good thing I had (y/n) with me or I would be broke. We walked to a department store and they had so many cute outfits and accessories. I had to stop myself from blinking everywhere. (Y/n) followed me with his hands in his pockets smiling as he followed my whereabouts. Eventually I stopped at this black leather jacket.

"Can I try it on (y/n)?"

"How much is it?" He responded

I look at the tag and it's about $60, which is kinda average I think.

"It's about $60."

He motions his head towards the changing room"go ahead."

I smile and take the jacket. I also grab (y/n).

"You're coming with me. I need someone to tell me how I look."

We go into the room and I put the jacket on.

"What do you think?" I ask him.

"You look great."

"You're just saying that because I'm your fiancé."

"Heh. Do you like it?"

I look in the mirror and move around, looking at it from all angles. I nod my head.

"Then get it."

We continue to shop and I find some sunglasses I want, a San Francisco shirt, and a mini Golden Gate Bridge.

"How much does the whole thing cost?" (Y/n) asks me.

I look at the tags. I can already feel the burning hole in my wallet.

"Over my budget. Bollocks!" I said out of annoyance.

(Y/n) laughed at my unfortunate lack of money. I had enough, but not if I wanted to still have money left over.

"Lena, if you really want all of that, I'll pay for half of it."

I literally jump at him and hug him. "Thank you! I love you so much!"

We buy the stuff and Daisy comes and picks us up. We fly up and head to Gibraltar. The teleportation thing that I've grown to accept happens and we're there, greeted by everyone of Overwatch clapping and cheering.

"That little snitch." (Y/n) says with a smile on his face.

I giggle and hug him "they were gonna find out eventually."

We walk out and everyone is cheering, patting us on the back. Even Junkrat and Roadhog are clapping. Krista came up to us and apologized.

"Sorry I told them. The news was too great to keep."

"You know, it's fine. The welcome made up for it." (Y/n) said.

Winston walked up to us with a grin on his face. This wasn't no ordinary grin. This was the "I have something to show you" grin. I've got a bad feeling about this.

"Welcome back you two. I hope you guys had a great time in San Francisco."

I look at (y/n) who's holding my hand. "We sure did."

"Now miss Oxton, I mean, soon-to-be Mrs (l/n)  I've got something to show you. (Y/n) and I have been working on this for quite a while. Come inside." He said motioning me over.

We go inside and (y/n) stops and points at the ceiling. I look up and I see these blue circles all around us.

"You...wanted to show me the new lights"

Winston and (y/n) laugh at that. I don't think I said anything funny. "No those aren't new lights, though I admit they do a sort of blue glow." (Y/n) says.

"Lena, I know you're not a fan lugging that accelerator everywhere, so (y/n) suggested I put some sort of device around the base that could keep you in present time without affecting everyone." Winston said.

"2 mice and a chihuahua later, Winston found a way that works. So now you can go around the base without your accelerator." (Y/n) told me.

I'm at a loss for words. I hug (y/n) with tears in my eyes and utter "you've done so much for me. Why? How will I ever repay you?"

"Well, part of it is to apologize for not talking to you after I left Overwatch, the other is to show my love to you. As for repaying me, that is up to you." He said looking at me. "We love each other, and I want to be surprised when you do stuff for me." We kissed. I truly love (y/n).
Winston did a small chuckle.

"Ah, human love. The only thing this scientist will not figure out how it works. Go ahead Lena. You can take off your accelerator."

I take it off and I'm still in the present. That's to be expected though. We'll find out in a couple of days though. Winston is super happy.
"Another breakthrough for science"

Krista walked in on us. "If you guys want to join us, we're having a party in your guys honor."

"Ok. Lead the way." I say. We go to the party and it's great. After the party, (y/n) and I went to our room and let's just say things got kinda wild in bed.

(A/n) if I'm honest, I'm not too big of a fan of this chapter. I think I coulda done, better, but oh well. Thank you guys for over 1k views! In this honor, I'm probably going to start another Overwatch x reader. I'm thinking it'll be either Mercy, because that could be a good story, or D.va, because I find the lack of D.va x readers disturbing. This one will still be top priority though. Leave your preference on who'd you prefer if you want. Have a nice day :D