Chapter 1: The Return

You were sitting in your car on top of a skyscraper overlooking King's Row, London. You were listening to Modern Love by David Bowie, since it was on the radio, and eating a chocolate bar. Cars were racing below you.

"Why are they still racing? It's over." You say as you look at the first place check on your dashboard.

"(Y/n), there's some breaking news. Should I play it for you?" your AI Daisy asks. You and Winston worked on her together to manage the car, kinda like JARVIS or Athena.

"Sure, why not."

Modern Love stops and the news plays with a British reporter talking.

"Breaking news! The omnic monk Tekharta Mondatta is now being escorted from the rally for omnic and human peace and equality. Suspicion has believed that there's an assassin in the area, causing Mondatta to leave the area."

You sat there not knowing how to feel. Should you go down there and find out what's going on or did you stay away from the fight. On one hand, you were enjoying retirement. Street racing was fun and you were enjoying it just being you and Krista. On the other hand, you kinda missed the fight. Winston was the only person you stayed in contact with ever since you left Overwatch, mainly because he could help modify your car, and going back could reunite you with your former colleagues, like Genji, Mercy, McCree, and Tracer. You missed Tracer. Your best friend. Your partner. Your crush. But what would she say to you if she saw you again? Would she even talk to you after you left during the fall of Overwatch? Your thoughts were interrupted when an explosion was heard.

"Ah, fuck me." You say to yourself as you take your car out of park and race to the explosion in its airplane form.

"(Y/n), I'm detecting two life sources from the explosion. One is injured, the other is jumping onto a transport."

"Drop me off on the drop jet. You go pick up the injured person. Pick me up once they're safe in here."

You jump off of your car and get on top of the transport. Daisy flies the car toward the injured person. The wind is blowing against your face as you grip to the transport. You start to crawl to a hatch to enter, but you start to lose your grip and are hanging on with only one hand.

Don't look down you tell yourself. You then start to swing left and right to get momentum to put your right hand back on. Eventually you reach the roof and find the hatch. You open it and go inside the transport.

As you go down the ladder, you see a ski mask on a shelf. You put it on to mask your identity, just in case you could be recognized. Once you reach the ground, you draw your two pistols: spaghetti and meatballs. Why you named them that, you had no idea. You took cover behind a doorway and overheard some people talking.

"Nice work on that assassination." A Belgian male voice said.

"I felt nothing. It was my job." This voice was French and feminine.

"With Mondatta gone, tensions between omnics and humans will rise again." This voice was feminine, too, but she had a Nigerian accent.

As you were listening to this, your phone goes off. It's a message from your sister. "Where are you?!? Answer me ASAP!" The sound of the text is heard and the agents of talon to stop talking.